x

Is there a way to get a report of items that had no sales

Is there a way to get a report of items that had no sales

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @dfma — welcome to the seller community! Thanks for bringing this up.

I see what you mean. At this time, the Item Sales report only displays items that were sold during the selected timeframe. At least one item must be sold in order for it to show up on this report.

Out of curiosity, can you share more regarding how this piece of information would be helpful for your business? I'd like to surface this with our Product Liaison team.

Learn more about current reporting features in our Support Center: Summaries and Reports from the Online Dashboard. In addition, you might find our inventory management feature to be useful.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Tom, we are retail...  Why would this not be important?  If we have items on a shelf that do not sell, we want to know why they are not selling.  If we don't know they sell, then why would we keep them on our shelf?  Maybe items have a shelf life with an expiration date?  Square does great at letting us know what we do sell, but if an item does not sell at all, we need to know that as well. It is just as important.
If square does not implement this report, can the engineers give us the EXCEL formula for a cell to cross reference the sell reports versus the all items reports.

Message 3 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jgrgetich - Thanks for following up on this thread.

I suggest taking a look at the workaround provided by @Candlestore here.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Ok so I just realized... I do not have those options and now my question is why did those options disappear?  I do not have reports option in the inventory management.  I pay for square for retail.  I remember them being in there, but it is not.  Please advise.

Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

Inventory management

History
   Stock Counts
   Purchase Orders
   Vendors
   Pending Restocks

Are my only options

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi there again, @jgrgetich - My apologies. It looks like this has moved to a different spot in the Square Dashboard.

You'll need to go to Reports > Inventory reports > Projected profit. Then you'll see the data that @Candlestore mentioned.

If you want more detailed reporting beyond what is currently available within our reporting tools, then that would be a feature request, as @PartyManiaMD said. (To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators.)

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9
Super Seller

Hi Violet.

This doesn't answer granular reporting information.

I and many other sellers have asked repeatedly for the ability to see what is NOT selling. We don't care about the total value of unsold product, we need a granular Excel sheet like this:

Last year you sold:

0 of item A

1 of item B

2 of item C

2 of item D

5 of item E

10 of item F

This would allow us to sort by sold amount and see the items we sold 0 of for example.

obviously we'd like to be able to search by day, week, month, or year to get more granular but being able to know what I sold 0 of in the last 6 months would let me adjust my buying/discounting strategy. Currently we have no way of getting this data and it hurts our ability to discount based on what's not moving. @dfma Unfortunately I believe this report would still be a feature request at this time.

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 8 of 9
Super Seller

@_Violet ,

My work around was for a Question for Accounting purposes and for a $ amount value to give to an accountant.  This post is a question of how to see what items sold the least amount or 0 items in a time period.

What we are looking for is a list of our entire catalog with a quantity of items sold for a date range, not the $$ amounts.  Units sold for ALL items.  Then we can either use Square reports to see which items are not worth keeping and eliminate dead weight to try to get more of the popular items or a few new items.

For example.

I have some items that were bought for $25 and shows on my inventory Cost of Goods.

But when I look at how many were sold of that item does not show at all because I sold 0 of the item.

But for Accounting and Taxes and Insurance it is still Inventory that was purchased for $25.

But since I sold 0 of them I will not be buying anymore to sell.  With Square there is no way for me to see that I sold 0 of them in any reports since Square only tracks what was sold.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 9 of 9