x

Is there a way to have the item change in the dropdown menu when you click on a variation image?

We have items with multiple color variations that we sell both in-store and online. I need my customers to be able to browse the variation colors (on the left-hand side of the page when on that specific item's listing) and when they click on a color, the corresponding item in the dropdown menu changes. 

Right now customers are browsing all the colors with no problems but when they decide what to add to their cart they have to basically play hide and seek with the actual item name in the dropdown menu until they find what they were looking at.

If having the item change when an image is clicked, is there a way to display the item name on the image? I know I can edit the image on my side of things but that's not practical at all for how many items we're selling (some items have 50+ color variations).

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hi @Sowsear,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

In order to make sure i'm understanding, what website builder did you use to create your site (Wix, Weebly, GoDaddy, WooCommerce etc.)? Also, can you provide the URL to your website/page? Thank you!

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 7

Our website is through Weebly, URL is http://the-sows-ear.square.site/

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Jumping in here for @Alex_, @Sowsear!

Right now, when looking through your drop-down menu of color name options, you can click on a color name, and the matching photo will appear in the large image space. However, when looking through the color option photos in the left-hand scrolling sidebar, clicking on a specific photo does not cause the matching color name to appear in the drop-down option menu space to the right.

I think you'd like for this to happen: when a customer clicks on a photo in the left-hand sidebar, the corresponding color name would appear in the drop-down menu. Then they could easily add the preferred variation to their cart.

At this time, I am fairly certain that this is a feature request. I've gone ahead and escalated a case for you so that our eCommerce Support team can help confirm whether this is the intended behavior.

On another note - it looks like you and @HWWWT have similar businesses, so I'm tagging them here in case you want to introduce yourselves. (You might have ideas to share with each other!)

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, @Valentina ! Yes, you explained it perfectly. 

I was also pretty sure it was a feature request, but wasn't sure how to sort though what's been submitted by other users, etc. So thank you for escalating it! I'll keep checking back here periodically to see if this is a feature we can eventually have on the site.

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

If you're interested in a new feature, but don't see mentions of it, feel free to post here in the Community like you did, @Sowsear! We always try to merge posts in with others if someone has requested the same thing in the past.

When you create a thread, or post in a thread, you should automatically be subscribed to receive notifications. We do our best to update threads like this when we have news to share about features folks have expressed interest in. So stay subscribed to this thread, and you will receive an email notification if a new post is added here 😊

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Top notch support ..👍

Message 7 of 7