x
Beta Member

Is there a way to send a manually entered transaction to a small printer?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: transaction printout

Is there a way to send a manually entered transaction to a small printer?

I run a street food truck and sometimes I get larger orders which I manually enter and charge for but would ideally like to print the transaction out to pin up and view while continuing with the next order. I guess much like a restaurant chitty system?

Is this possible and what hardware would I need?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @AandMEvents, thank you for reaching out! You can definitely print out the Order Ticket/Receipt with the order details using Square. What you need will depends on how you'd like to setup your system.

One options is to get the Square Terminal - it's small and compact enough that you can use for a food truck. You can take ring up orders, take payments and then print out the orders straight from the Terminal.

If you want to use an iPad only, you can connect the iPad to an Ethernet receipt or kitchen printer. Once you have put through the orders, you can sent the ticket to the printer and it'll print it out. 

If you want to use the Square Stand for iPad, you can get the kit with the USB Printer and print out the tickets that way.

If you already have a printer, you can check how it will work with Square using our hardware guide here

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @AandMEvents, thank you for reaching out! You can definitely print out the Order Ticket/Receipt with the order details using Square. What you need will depends on how you'd like to setup your system.

One options is to get the Square Terminal - it's small and compact enough that you can use for a food truck. You can take ring up orders, take payments and then print out the orders straight from the Terminal.

If you want to use an iPad only, you can connect the iPad to an Ethernet receipt or kitchen printer. Once you have put through the orders, you can sent the ticket to the printer and it'll print it out. 

If you want to use the Square Stand for iPad, you can get the kit with the USB Printer and print out the tickets that way.

If you already have a printer, you can check how it will work with Square using our hardware guide here

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2