x

Is there a way we can remove paid invoiced items from the KDS?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: stop invoices going to kds]

We have the KDS in out kitchen for a small coffee shop. We have orders going to the back for the staff, works great. However, we started invoicing some clients for their delivery items for the planned delivery. Normally same day, but when the customer pay for the items delivered the next day, the items show up in the kds. 

Is there a way we can remove paid invoiced items from the KDS? 

Thanks in advance, 

Stephanie 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @coffeeatthekyle !

There are a few ways to go about this:

-Are you using separate categories for your wholesale items? If so, go into the printer settings on your Square tablet and turn off the wholesale categories so they don't print.

-If you're using the same categories as your in-store items, it'll be a little tougher to pull off. The easiest way I can think of is to download the Square Invoices app to your phone and run all the invoices through that app. As long as you don't configure the printers in the Invoices app the tickets won't print.

-Worst-case scenario: disable the wifi on your tablet when putting in the invoice orders. The printer stations won't print if they can't see the printers! 🙂

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @coffeeatthekyle !

There are a few ways to go about this:

-Are you using separate categories for your wholesale items? If so, go into the printer settings on your Square tablet and turn off the wholesale categories so they don't print.

-If you're using the same categories as your in-store items, it'll be a little tougher to pull off. The easiest way I can think of is to download the Square Invoices app to your phone and run all the invoices through that app. As long as you don't configure the printers in the Invoices app the tickets won't print.

-Worst-case scenario: disable the wifi on your tablet when putting in the invoice orders. The printer stations won't print if they can't see the printers! 🙂

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3

Thanks so much. It will test that app right away. I didn’t know there was a invoice app. Oops! 😁

Message 3 of 3