x

Is there more in-depth sales tax reports?

I have sales tax set up through my POS for my physical storefront and have been paying taxes according to the sales tax report no problem. But for online, the report just lists the state - and in our state, sales tax is paid according to the county the customer lives in. I have no idea which county to pay the online sales tax into, because I can't find that information in any of the reports. Help?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@flourishbtq What state do you live in, I know online sales taxes are paid to the state the customer lives in, but I haven't encountered where you would have to pay a sales tax to say, a place like lubbock, TX, hardin county, ky, etc....  That would seem to be a logistical nightmare if you had to register and pay a portion of state sales tax into each and every municipality.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4

Ohio - so I have two physical locations as well as the online presence. and for my storefronts, located in different counties, they have different tax rates. I pay 7.25 in one and 7.5 + a .5 city imposed sales tax in the other. logistical nightmare? You bet. With our tax payment gateway, you have to specify which county you’re paying tax into - unless I’m missing something. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@flourishbtq Ty for the update, this makes a lot more sense now.  Do you use one online store for both locations?

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6878-all-about-taxes-square-online-store 

This is the most current information but the TL:DR is, if you are shipping then the online taxes are automatically calculated..in my situation where we are a restaurant I use the "Item Level Taxes" which are what I specify in the point of sale regardless of buyers address.

What do your online orders look like? are they for each physical location?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 4