x

Item Names not showing on Dashboard

Hi there, I've uploaded my inventory with: Name, location, category, price, and stock. However, after several sales I still can't see "Item Sales" under Reports on my dashboard. All it says is "Custom Amount". Same thing with transactions when I view the receipt. I'm clearly missing something. Help!

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

It sounds like you are typing in prices without choosing an item.  On the iPhone there are two buttons at the bottom, one looks like a calculator pad and the other is a list of the items you have set up.  It sounds like you are using the button on the left and typing in prices because that is what it will say "custom amount" for manually entered prices.  I believe on an iPad the keyboard button is in the bottom right.

This is an article describing custom amounts.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5429-process-custom-sale-amounts

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

It sounds like you are typing in prices without choosing an item.  On the iPhone there are two buttons at the bottom, one looks like a calculator pad and the other is a list of the items you have set up.  It sounds like you are using the button on the left and typing in prices because that is what it will say "custom amount" for manually entered prices.  I believe on an iPad the keyboard button is in the bottom right.

This is an article describing custom amounts.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5429-process-custom-sale-amounts

Message 2 of 9

Imported all my items except for few that I manually created. I can see the prices but not the item names of those I imported. I see the item names for those I manually created. What do I need to do to make these show up on the Square App? IMG_6490.jpg

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Thanks for surfacing this, @MakSalonSpa, and sorry to hear it.

Are you still encountering this error? If so, these troubleshooting tips usually resolve these kinds of issues right away: Square Point of Sale App Troubleshooting.

If that doesn't do the trick, please let our Customer Success Team know—they'll be able to take a deeper dive into your account.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 9

Thanks. Got is solved. 

Message 5 of 9

How did you manage to fix your items showing up in the checkout screen.

Message 6 of 9

Hi - I can see the items when I check out from my iphone, but not when I try from my MacBook. From my MacBook, I click on Virtual Terminal, then Take a Payment... then I can swipe a credit card but I don't see any items to select. So I can charge someone, but not be able to show what they are being charged for. Can you help? Thanks!

Message 7 of 9

Hello @jamiekanter, currently Virtual Terminal does not have the ability to add items to a sale. I'll make sure to share your request with our Product Team! 

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Quick update for everyone in this thread: You can now add items when taking a payment through Virtual Terminal! 🎉

This Product Update has more details Virtual Terminal: Add taxes, items and discounts!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 9