x

Kitchen printer problems

Our Kitchen printer started only printing black and is now mis aligned.  The words are breaking in the middle and it's hard to read.  Any idea why this starting happening and please help me fix it.  

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

I finally got a chance to try the troubleshooting and it worked. First I switched off the printer. Then I unplugged the power and the ethernet cable from the back and waited about a minute before plugging back in. Sent a couple items to test and it looks like its back to normal. I will post if I see any other issues. 

thanks for the help here!

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @katherine1 and welcome to the Community.

This may be a better question for our direct Hardware team on CS to troubleshoot since other sellers might not be able to advise- but have you tried these troubleshooting steps already from the Support Center?

If so, please reach out to our direct Hardware team here to have them further troubleshoot.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Just this week our kitchen ticket formatting has changed. not sure if the is due to an update but we need to adjust the way items are printed. what is happening now is that item words are cut in half and finished on the next line when it runs into the margins instead of just carrying the entire word to the next line. tickets look very messy and are hard for kitchen staff and servers trying to work fast. 

Please let me know I there is a way to adjust the settings for the printers.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Liveoakcafe,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller @katherine1 brought up the same issue.

I posted some troubleshooting you can try above, but since I'm seeing two cases of it now it sounds like a bug our direct Hardware team needs to know about.

I provided a link above on how you can contact them to file it.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7

YES, I am having the same issue.  DID YOU FIX IT????

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Best Answer

I finally got a chance to try the troubleshooting and it worked. First I switched off the printer. Then I unplugged the power and the ethernet cable from the back and waited about a minute before plugging back in. Sent a couple items to test and it looks like its back to normal. I will post if I see any other issues. 

thanks for the help here!

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Same problem is back but my attempts at troubleshooting like before did not work.

Any more info about this issue?

thanks,

Molly

Message 7 of 7