x
Beta Member

Loyalty Marketing and Details

Hello We have just signed up to Square Loyalty. It is easy for people to enrol which is good. But we are struggling with a couple of things and want to know if we can make changes to our settings.

1. The customer only has to give their mobile number. This enters them in the database with just a mobile number - no name or other identifier which is quite difficult. Can we set it to ask for at least a first name as well as their mobile?

2. As the customer is giving phone number not their email - it doesn't prove useful for marketing. Is there any update on SMS marketing coming to UK or giving additional points if the customer shares their email address?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Twiddy, thanks so much for your post! Let's see if I can provide some clarity for you.

1. It's currently not possible to collect names whilst collecting phone numbers on the loyalty screen. However, you can collect both the customers' full names and numbers by activating instant profiles. Once this is done, when your customers enter their number to add loyalty points, you'll know to who the point is attributed. 

Instant Profiles are customer profiles that are automatically created following a transaction. If a customerโ€™s name is collected from their payment card and a matching profile doesnโ€™t already exist within your directory, Square will create an Instant Profile. Future purchases made with that card will update the customerโ€™s profile with new transaction details and other activity with your business.

You also have the ability to add or edit information in an Instant Profile.

Instant Profiles appear in the Instant Profile group in your Directory and can be filtered by using the creation source filter and selecting Instant profile (via payment).

2. I haven't heard of any updates coming to SMS marketing that will give customers additional points if they share their email. I can see why it would be a useful idea though! I'll pass this over to our team as feedback to better our products.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else. 

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi Skyler

Thanks for getting back to me. We have Instant Profiles enabled but this is very unreliable.

The Square dashboard has a link for marketing but there is no way for customers to update their name or email address so doesn't actually work.

Our customers are loving the loyalty scheme but operationally it seems a little half hearted and unfinished ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Twiddy, thank you so much for your feedback. We'll make sure to send a copy of your comments over to our product team for better visibility and for the improvement of our products. 

Message 4 of 4