x

Loyalty on the Customer Display Beta app

Does the customer display beta app have the ability to let customers sign in for loyalty? Currently I only see the total due.

Message 1 of 5
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @kDCYorke - The Customer Display Beta app only has the ability to display itemized order information at this time and so the Loyalty Enrollment screen will only show up on your main POS device.

Hope that helps clarify things for you!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Best Answer

Yup, with Square Register, your customers can enter their info directly on the customer display. The process remains the same in that they would only get the Loyalty enrollment screen at the end of the purchase.

They won't be able to look up their point status through the customer display. However, when they enroll, they are sent a link so that they can look it up at any time they want. You can also look it up for them before or after the transaction.

Puka - She/They

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @kDCYorke - The Customer Display Beta app only has the ability to display itemized order information at this time and so the Loyalty Enrollment screen will only show up on your main POS device.

Hope that helps clarify things for you!

Puka - She/They
Message 2 of 5

Thanks. What about on the Square Register? I assume the customer can enter their phone number on the customer display? Do they have to wait until the sale is done as with the POS app? Can they enter their number to check rewards while we're ringing things up?

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Best Answer

Yup, with Square Register, your customers can enter their info directly on the customer display. The process remains the same in that they would only get the Loyalty enrollment screen at the end of the purchase.

They won't be able to look up their point status through the customer display. However, when they enroll, they are sent a link so that they can look it up at any time they want. You can also look it up for them before or after the transaction.

Puka - She/They
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for the info, @puka . I have to say, we're attempting to transistion to Square Loyatly from another rewards provider and this is somethign that's really hampering us and may end up being the deal breaker. It's very cumbersome for the cashier to have to verbally collect a name or phone number from the customer to lookup and apply rewards. Yes, the customer can look it up on the their phone, but they don't. Most of the time they say "do I have any rewards?" With our old system, we could at least direct them to log into the tablet.

Customer should be able to lookup and apply rewards (with a confirmation on the cashier side) on their own without interrupting the checkout process.

Message 5 of 5