x

Managing groupings on customer profiles

I have two businesses, both run through square (two ''locations'' one log in). Several clients in my customer directory were overlapped business clients, some have switched over from one business to the other completely and don't wish to return to the other. So, now when I'm running customer stats the groupings still show both or incorrect groupings. Is there a way to remove groupings or edit groupings on a customer profile?!

Message 1 of 8
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the seller community, @jazzygrooms, and thanks for bringing this up.

Yes, you can edit customer groupings directly from the online Square Dashboard.

To edit group members from your Directory:

1. Open up the Directory tab.
  2. Select the appropriate group by clicking on the dropdown menu below All Customers.
  3. Click the checkbox next to the appropriate customer's name.
  4. From there, you'll see an option to Add to Group or Remove from Group.
  5. In the pop-up, check appropriate selections and confirm the action.

Hope that helps get you where you need to be! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Ah, got it—apologies for the confusion, @jazzygrooms. I should have mentioned one more step immediately after "Open up the Directory tab." Once you're there, select the appropriate group by clicking on the dropdown menu where it says All Customers. Once you're viewing the appropriate group, you can then add/remove as needed by following steps 2 - 4.

Hope this clears things up. Please let me know if this still isn't working, or get in touch with our Customer Success team directly—they'll be able to take a deeper dive into your settings.

️ Tom | he/him

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the seller community, @jazzygrooms, and thanks for bringing this up.

Yes, you can edit customer groupings directly from the online Square Dashboard.

To edit group members from your Directory:

1. Open up the Directory tab.
  2. Select the appropriate group by clicking on the dropdown menu below All Customers.
  3. Click the checkbox next to the appropriate customer's name.
  4. From there, you'll see an option to Add to Group or Remove from Group.
  5. In the pop-up, check appropriate selections and confirm the action.

Hope that helps get you where you need to be! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 8

Thanks Tom, 

I followed that to a T, unfortunately I don't have the option to ''remove from group'' only to add the customer to a group or to delete the client all together. Am I missing where that is, or is my profile just happen to be missing that? 

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Ah, got it—apologies for the confusion, @jazzygrooms. I should have mentioned one more step immediately after "Open up the Directory tab." Once you're there, select the appropriate group by clicking on the dropdown menu where it says All Customers. Once you're viewing the appropriate group, you can then add/remove as needed by following steps 2 - 4.

Hope this clears things up. Please let me know if this still isn't working, or get in touch with our Customer Success team directly—they'll be able to take a deeper dive into your settings.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 8

Ah, yes that cleared that right up! Thank you very much! 

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Glad to hear it—I went ahead and edited my first reply in case anyone else has a similar question. Appreciate your patience!😅

️ Tom | he/him
Message 6 of 8

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how I can add customers to a existing audience on Square Marketing or a existing group I have created. Thank you.

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @planttherapy 👋 This is a great question! Thanks for asking it here on the Seller Community! Welcome!

I've gone ahead and merged your post with a similar thread of Sellers who were looking for this feature as well. I would take a look at Tom's Best Answer! I think it will be helpful in regards to editing customer groupings.

Feel free to reach back out if you have an questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8