x

Payouts and Reporting

Hello,

I'm a LAN center that does a lot of tournaments. I use sale button to collect entry fees that get put to a prize pool then gets given to the winner at the end of the tournament (since a lot of customers use credit cards). We use a payout button for that. At the end of the day square sees all of the entry fees as sales. Is there any way to have the payouts count against the sales? 

Additionally, where do payouts show up when square exports to quickbooks? 

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Captnobody 👋 Thanks for reaching out here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you in the fold! Your business sounds quite cool - I wish our town had a LAN center for gaming; you are making me jealous! 🎮

Before I take a stab at answering your inquiry, I want to make sure I am understanding you fully. Are you looking to see if there is a way to initiate a payout and have that counter-balance your fees in terms of reporting?

If so, the paid in/out option is strictly for record keeping purposes. It is designed to give our Sellers the needed accountability for sales data and security.

If I missed the mark on interpreting your question, let me know! I am here to help. I will also wait to address the Quickbooks addition until I hear back from you.

I will keep an eye out for your response! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2