x

Marketing Campaign Minimum Purchase

I have been using Square Marketing for several months and it has been okay.  I like the way the customer recieves a unique code and the ability to customize the offers.  I would like to offer a $ off amount with a minimum purchase but I don't see any way to designate a minimum amount.  So say $5.00 off your purchase of $20.00 or more.  I don't want to offer a $5.00 coupon and have someone come in an use it to purchase $6.00 worth of merchandise.  Is there a way to do this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @DragonStar

Currently, we don't have the ability to set a minimum amount for coupons or parameters. I can see why you would want this, so I'll make sure to pass it along to our Product Team.

I know it's not perfect, but you could edit the content of the coupon to say that you need to spend at least $20 dollars to redeem the $5 dollars off. Then it would be up to your employees to make sure that they apply the coupon to sales that only meet this minimum. 

Please let me know if you have other questions! 

Message 2 of 6

Hi Chad. 

Thanks for your answer.  I will use your suggestion.  I have noticed that a few times when a customer has paid for thier item that a coupon was automatically applied without putting in the code.  How does this happen?

Message 3 of 6

Interesting 🤔

Is there any chance you have discounts setup in your item library? If so maybe one of your discounts is being applied to a sale rather than a customer code. It's kind of a stab in the dark since I don't have access to your account. 

If it continues I recommend reaching out to our Support Team. They will be able to look at specific sales to see what's going on. 

Message 4 of 6

Hi Chad,

I am also interested in offering a coupon for a minimum amount spent. Has this feature been added? I thought I saw it before, but now i don't. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @saltedcaramel

Welcome to the Community!

Are you looking for an in-person coupon or something for an Online Store? There are some options when it comes to these types of discounts. 

Check out this article for more information on how to get started with an Online Store coupon. Another article I would recommend is this one, that contains all of the information for creating & managing those in-person discounts. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions after giving these a look. I am happy to circle back to answer any follow-up questions that come up. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6