x

Migrating from Vend POS (Multiple Variation Levels) -> Square Retail

We are migrating off of Vend POS to Square Retail.

One of the strong points of Vend was it's Inventory Management, specifically the capability to create multiple variation levels for a product.

We sell eliquids in various sizes (30ml,60ml,100ml), and nicotine strengths (0mg,3mg,6mg) for the same Product.

So we have a top level variation named: Size

And a 2nd level variation named: NIC

So one product can have (9) unique variation combinations.

In the item import function, the spreadsheet template has only one column related to variations in column F, named Variation Name.

Are we going to have to do some spreadsheet manipulation to combine variant levels from our Vend product export, to make this all work in Square?

From what I have researched, Square only allows one level of variation for products (items) 😞

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hello @RME, with Square for Retail (and Square Point of Sale) you can create one item and then set up as many varations of that item as you need. There isn't a second item level I'm afraid so it sounds like you might need to create new items/rearrange how your item library is currently set up.

You might have read about item modifiers too, but keep in mind you can't track inventory for modifiers. Modifiers are designed for additions, typically in a restaurant setting. 

I wish I had better news! If you have any other questions about Square for Retail reply here to let us know.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2