x

Multiple Coupons: How do I limit the number of coupons applied per transaction?

I plan on having multiple "$5 off" coupons in use and I want unique coupon codes so I can track where people are getting the promo codes from (specific craft shows, etc.)

But, what if a customer gets a hold of 2 different coupon codes? Is there a way to limit the # of coupons applied per transaction? I want to limit coupon stacking to avoid someone combining offers. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @thyolivetree, I checked in with our eCommerce folks and the ability to support multiple coupons online for a single payment is not available—so there's no need to worry about someone taking advantage of the system. Once your customer uses one of the coupon codes on the order, they won’t be able to use another one on the same order. Hope this helps address your concern—if I'm missing the mark, please let me know!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

I have a similar requirements, was there a solution provided to your question?

Message 22 of 29

I would like to be able to allow my customers to be able to enter in two coupon codes in one transaction. One for 20% of an item and one for free shipping. I noticed that each coupon only allows for adding in one of those criteria. I am wondering if Square Online currently has the feature that allows for the use of multiple coupon codes in one transaction.

Message 23 of 29
Alumni

I'm afraid multiple coupon codes cannot be redeemed online. Hopefully this changes in the future. @LPW

Flagging your post to our Product Team for visibility. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 29

I would like to have the ability for people to use multiple coupons, and be able to set my own rules for allowed coupon combinations. For example, customers cannot use a Free Shipping coupon plus a discount coupon and need to choose which one to use

Message 25 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Hello and Welcome to the Seller Community!

At this time multiple coupons aren't possible on Square Online @WD1. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 29

My customers are able to use a coupon code for a specific item AS MANY OF THOSE ITEMS THAT ARE IN THEIR CART, despite I set coupon up as LIMITED TO ONE USE.  Please ADVISE!

Message 27 of 29

Hey there @Vlbbq I am sorry you are having issues with your coupons. I will take a deeper dive into this and follow up once I have more insight. Please keep in mind for account security we cannot discuss account-specific information here in the community. But I will investigate this further and see if there is any way I can help. 

Message 28 of 29

Hey there @thyolivetree Yes, you can do that! You have the option to limit coupon use on a per-customer basis. To limit the number of times a customer can use the coupon, select the Limit per customer toggle and enter a number in the box. For example, entering “1” here will prevent a customer from using the code more than once, even if the coupon is set to unlimited and never expires. You can learn more here. 

Message 29 of 29