x

My Square Card was stolen! What do I do?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Debit Card Compromised - Please help?]

I've had a Square debit card since they started offering them. Today I received two emails with debits of $106 and $212 at a Target store that I did not make, and the emails said that the transactions had been declined due to insufficient funds. I still have the money ($100) that the $106 transaction tried to take, but I am still missing the money from the second transaction, $212. Based on my balance activity, it looks like the transaction for $212 was attempted a second time and is listed as "pending". Support doesn't open until Monday - has this happened to anyone else? I've been using the Square app for 6 years, and the debit card for a year, this is the first time anything like this has happened.

Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @FPP!

I am so sorry about that. It sounds like your Square Card was stolen.

Because we don't have weekend phone support available for all sellers, I would suggest disabling your Square Card in the meantime.

If your Square Card is stolen, you can cancel and reorder it from your Square app. This will automatically disable your card. Your funds will continue to accrue in your Square balance while you wait for your new card to arrive, but you can manually transfer that money to your linked bank account at any time.

From your online Square Dashboard on a computer:

1. Go to the Balance tab > select Square Card.
  2. Click Card Management.
  3. Next to Status, click on the blue “…” icon.
  4. Select Report Lost or Stolen > Order a New Card.

We do have weekend email support, so I would suggest sending us an email so we can look into the transactions. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Need info on my list debit sqaure card in the mail. How do I get a new one

Tags (1)
Message 22 of 33
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Macky1971 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you in the fold.

I've merged your post here with an existing thread of Sellers who were also having issues receiving their Square Card. I would take a look at this Best Answer from Valentina! It will walk you through some next steps to receive a new card.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 33

my Debit card is stolen  card About $700 has been unthorized!

Message 24 of 33

I was visiting Las Vegas and right in front of me my square card was given to a stranger  by the bartender in front of me, and he ran out of the place with it....she the bartender Didn't even check his Identification and gave it to him....i asked her why she said I'm sorry...so i lost 4.000 dollars on my card....i reached out to square team and no response?? Or retrieving my money? I barely  transferred  900 of my 4 grand i still had left back to my linked bank account...and who ever has my card is still trying to use it daily?????I'm gettn emails  of insufficient funds n declines...daily and I'm so dissatisfied  with square?? No one has called me to from the square team?? To do something bout this...i need my money back and check the camera of banks of where my card was used and find the guy who stole my card?????? Need help?

Message 25 of 33

This just happen to me too! I never had this to happen to me. What I don't like about Square is they don't have a fraud department open or on call for things like this. They charged 8 charges! 

Message 26 of 33

Trying to contact square is impossible .. need help ..

Message 27 of 33

i reported 2 fraud transaction on my square up card on 8/20/21 and they totaled $4200 and today the resolution is LOST.  And I to further the investigation with merchant.  I do not understand this process at all... who else can i get to help me

Message 28 of 33

Thank you all for the advice. My business is barely starting so I am just thankful I didnt have much funds to be stolen. 

Message 29 of 33
Beta Member

My card was lost or stolen. Please replace my card with a new card number.

Thanks,

Message 30 of 33

Hi @Electronics101 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Sorry to hear about your card. As soon as you can you can cancel your card and get a replacement.

From your online Square Dashboard:

1. Go to Balance > select a location under Locations.
  2. Click the gear icon and select Checking settings.
  3. Select Get help with Checking.
  4. Select I lost my card or My card was stolen Report Lost or Stolen > Deactivate card > Order a New Card.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 31 of 33

Just happened to me for almost a grand! 

Message 32 of 33

Hi @KellyCafe - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

I hate to hear that has happened to you and your business.

A great tip for an added layer of security on your Square Card that i'd like to recommend is Temporarily Lock Your Square Debit Card.

To do so: Open your app and go to Balance > Checking. Toggle on Lock card.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 33 of 33