x

New Square Online Store: How do I arrange the order of my items?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: sort items in online store

I have a series of 4 classes in my online store and they are in the correct order when I set them up, however when one clicks on the public link, they default to being sorted from newest to oldest.  This results in the classes not being listed in the correct order.   I have numbered them, but that does not solve the issue.   Is there a way to force the order of the items listed?   (I see some old posts about sorting but the functionality appears to have changed since then).  Or is there another way around this someone can think of?

Thanks for your thoughts...

Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

[Note: This answer has been updated by a moderator to include new options for Square Online stores.]

Hi @Lynn02! You can rearrange the order of your classes by creating a category first. For example, you could create a category called 'Classes'. After you add your products to this category you can move the products up/down as needed. 

If you have a Shop All page, go to that page within the website editor, click on Item List, then click on Arrange and Add items. There's a dropdown there to choose which sorting is default, and with the custom option you can also click and drag items to change the order.

If you have any other questions about this let me know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Did you ever find the solution to this?

Message 22 of 33

Hello All,  I found this chat today because I can't set "Featured" as default for "Sort and filter" on any of my pages, not just the "Shop All" page.  How can "Featured" be the default sort?  I use the "Arrange & add items" on each page to arrange the order, but when shoppers arrive at the site (both desktop and mobile) they automatically see "Popularity".  I want them to see "Featured".  Featured is where the items are arranged as I spent the time in "Arrange & add items".

Message 23 of 33
Admin

Just to be clear - you'd like the Shop All page to be 'Featured' instead of 'Popularity' @myfairtradelady?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 24 of 33

Hi Isabelle,

No.  I'm not as concerned about my "Shop All" page as I am with my other category pages.  The ones I created for my items.  

Message 25 of 33

Hello. I am not able to drag and drop items within the category in the website editor anymore. It just freezes. Any suggestions?

Message 26 of 33
Alumni

Hmm, sounds like a device/browser issue since you are experiencing freezes. What browser are you using? Have you tried any others? 

@Ks2wo

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 33

I have used Safari, Firefox and Google and am experiencing the same issue. Any attempt to drag and rearrange items results in a freeze.  To get out of the freeze, I refresh the page. New attempts result in the same behaviour.

Message 28 of 33
Square Community Moderator

@InGoodSpirit That sounds super frustrating! Do you have a lot of items in your inventory and categories that perhaps could be slowing the system down?

AshleyK
Message 29 of 33

Yes, we do, although I have let it sit for hours on the screen and no change is ever made.

One category has 8 items in it and I have attempted to move 1 item... frozen...

Message 30 of 33

I'm sorry to hear that. In this case, it definitely sounds like a bug on your account. I recommend contacting Weebly to have engineering take a look. 

The phone number for contacting Weebly is [Redacted], or you can call through your Square phone number and customer code. 

Definitely let me know if you run into any trouble!

AshleyK
Message 31 of 33

So the number is redacted whether I log in or not and its not in the email that was sent to me.... So Im not sure how to get that phone number....

Message 32 of 33

You can reach out directly to Customer Success at [Redacted]. Please keep in mind, you will need a customer code to get an advocate on the phone. Here is the link to get that code: squ.re/contactsqsupport 

AshleyK
Message 33 of 33