x

No more quantities on invoices in App?

I've recently noticed that I can no longer put quantities for services on an invoice I generate in an app. I have to do line by line, which is time consuming and seems a little silly. Up until a few weeks ago, this wasn't a problem. The functionality was there. Also, I can't do it on the desktop because I use services and it seems that it will only let me add items to those invoices on the desktop app. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @LLP1

Just want to make sure we're looking at the same platforms here... are you talking about Invoicing within the Appointments app or the Invoices app?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 7

Invoices in the appointments app and I use services not items. Maybe that is the problem? Although I am a service based business so it seemed logical?

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Thanks for the clarification, @LLP1!

Adjusting the quantities of services through an Appointments Invoice is possible, you just have to go through a certain checkout flow:

1) From your Appointments calendar, click on the appointment of the customer in which you want to send an invoice 

2) Click Review and Check Out

3) You can then choose to Add Service (adding another service, or the same service), or you can Add Item or Discount

4) Once you have what you want included on the appointment/transaction, click the blue Charge button

5) You'll then be on the screen that has the different payment options listed. If you select Invoice, you can send an invoice that would include the original service, as well as any services or items you would have just added.

So- you can definitely send an invoice to your customers or clients through the Appointments app, but if you want to send an updated invoice with additional services or items; you first need to create the appointment and check out from that particular appointment.

Hope this makes sense! Let me know if you need any additional clarification.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 7

That seems like a lot more steps than just pressing the "- or +" signs. I just went to create an invoice and noticed the same thing... you can NO longer adjust the quantity using anything in the "services library" in ANY of the apps (currently using Square POS, Square Invoices, and Square Appointments). This is quite frustrating since I used to be able to. However you can adjust the quantity on the desktop site but how is that helpful? What is the point of having these apps if I have to pull out my computer and do it that way instead. See my issue is I prefer using the "services library" because they can also be used for the online booking and the "items library" cannot be used for online booking ONLY online checkout, two very different things. Also its quite a pain to redo all my services into the "items library". So when can this be fixed back to how it used to be?

Message 5 of 7

Sadly I’ve been complaining for over a year. I don’t think it will be changing back. Sad because it seems like a logical feature to have for an invoicing software 🤷🏼‍♀️

Message 6 of 7

That’s just ridiculous it’s such an easy and simple feature. I’ll be continuing to complain to them then. It almost makes me not even want to use the apps... just saying.

Message 7 of 7