x
Beta Member

One day reward for all purchases

We are having a grand opening and I would like to give all loyalty members who make a purchase a $5 off reward.  Or somehow give them the points equivalent that.  I theory is seems like this should be fairly simple, but the only solution i can come up with is to add the appropriate number of points to each loyalty customer who makes a purchase that day.  However that becomes a problem because I can't find a way to 1) Identify those customers, and 2) Make a bulk update of x amount of points.  If anyone has any ideas how I could accomplish this in an easier manner I would be greatful!  Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @themoose. You could add points to your Loyalty customers accounts prior to or after they checkout (I'd assume you'd want to do it after the fact.) It can be a tad time consuming, especially if you have a line, but it can be done that way. 

Or if you'd rather get through a normal checkout and then add points later on, I know some sellers who have separately kept track of the Loyalty customers that came in (like on a piece of paper and writing their phone numbers down) so that they can go back into each customer account later on and manually add the extra points.

I know neither are really ideal, but currently those are the only two ways to accomplish this. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks Nika for the reply.  You're explanation is basically what I found too.  I was able to export a customer list of Loyalty customers afterwards, and then go in an add points to their accounts.  In the export, it does list their first visit as a Loyalty customer, so i was able to find those people who had just signed up that day.  It is time consuming to adding points one-by-one to the customers.  It would be nice if their was a bulk way to do this.  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3