x
Beta Member

Online Store: Any plans to capture an address to allow us to add delivery?

Are there any plans to capture an address thru online store which would allow us to add delivery. Relying (sp) on customer to enter every time in comments is not reliable.

thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Thanks @TheRidge! We're working on adding delivery to the new Weebly-powered Online Store but I don't have a date for when it'll be available. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 15
Beta Member

Hi! any updates on this feature request?

Message 3 of 15
Beta Member

Quick question, is there any way to request a delivery from postmates directly from the square app? or do I have to log in to my computer every time?

Message 4 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @kekoapoke - thanks for reaching out to us here on this thread!

Would you mind clarifying your question a bit? Are you looking to order your own items through Postmates? Any specific details of what you're looking to do would be so helpful!

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 15
Beta Member

I currently use Square-Postmates integration to deliver my food to my customers.

So far the only way I have found to request a driver is by accessing the dashboard, going to the apps, and launching the postmates app to request a delivery. All of that has to be done from a computer.

Can I request a driver for a delivery from the Square app on my iPad that is used for checkout?

Message 6 of 15
Alumni

Hi @kekoapoke,

Stepping in here for Joe.

With Square and any third party integration, all activation and set-up is handled by the API (postmates) on their side. Whenever Square integrates with a third party website or platform, Square will only see the payment information being processed from the card that was used during the transaction. We do not have any visibility into the actual back-end mechanics of linking the platform to our payment system.

I highly recommend contacting Postmates. If they are still unable to figure out a solution, please ask for a ticket or case number to pass over to our Customer Success Team and contact them via email with the information collected.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

Hi @Alex_  as you'll see in the attached doc, the Postmates support team sent me back to you!

Hope you can help me get this up and running

TIAPage 3Page 3Page 1Page 1Page 2Page 2

Message 8 of 15
Alumni

@kekoapoke,

This helps yes! Our Customer Success Team is more than happy to assist with the details you have collected from Postmates. Please reach out to them here via email, and include the case number they provided you with your inquiry. WIth that, our team will then be able to inspect the integration and escalate it to the appropriate parties. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 15
Beta Member

Thanks @Alex_  I just filled out the form and will wait for their response

Message 10 of 15

i have a restaurant and have my own delivery cars, how can my customers select delivery online and put the address, pay, tip ...etc

Message 11 of 15
Alumni

Hey @basharalkaissi

Although a popular feature request, there's no delivery option available yet with Square's Online Store, nor an option to tip. 

I merged you to a thread where someone else asked a similar question so we can easily update everyone looking for the same feature. Check back here if anything changes. 

Justin
Message 12 of 15

When can we expect a method of Delivery for Square online stores? They have all the integrations with partners however no way for the restaurant to communicate directly with the customer in terms of a delivery option. Many restaurants would like to use their own delivery drivers, or the Postmates delivery as a service option. Just like the current integrations go directly to the Square POS, there should be a way for restaurants to get delivery orders directly without having to go through a 3rd party (Postmates, etc.)

Message 13 of 15
Alumni

Thanks for surfacing @rayspizza 🍕

Although, I don't have a shareable timeline on when delivery options will be integrated with the Weebly powered online store, I understand the convenience of keeping all order functionality within Square and makes for a more streamlined and robust order process for you and your customers. 

We're continuing to track the need for this on this thread I moved you too. We'll update as we learn more. Thanks for sticking with us! 

Justin
Message 14 of 15

Please make this possible for the Square online store. So many business owners have been asking for it over years

Message 15 of 15