x

Online Store: Is it possible to have a field for a pick up name or other details?

Trying to setup square for school fundraising and fees.... the simplicity is great but we want to customize the checkout form to include a required field so that it is known which student the payment or donation is for. We can't simply go off customer names bc the parents pay, of course, but the students are the names we need to track. Last names of parent/student don't always match - and a parent (purchaser) may have several children.

I understand we can use the "note to merchant" field, but can I make that required?? Any other options?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Welcome to the Community @nccb!

Thanks for bringing this up. Unfortunately, we don't currently have a way to make it a requirement, but I see how this would be helpful for your setup. We will make sure to pass on your feedback to our Product team. In the meantime, a possible solution would be to add a blurb to the Donation Description requesting that the donor use the Note to Merchant field to add the name of the student for whom they are donating.

I hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 2