x

Passcode help

my square register started popping this message up every time it wakes. I don’t want employees to have to enter a passcode to use checkout. I have no team permissions set. How do I get rid of this and not require a passcode?

DCD4E4E9-CCB3-43BF-BC90-6D04C1E1D717.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @aliciavr6! Thanks for reaching out here 👋 Good to hear from you again!

So sorry for the trouble here regarding your passcode. I reached out to one of our Product Teams to get some further clarity on the issue you are experiencing.

We are currently adjusting some functions of Team Management as it related to device codes and what used to be known as "Guest Mode." From what we can tell here, it looks as though this device may still have its permission settings defaulted to this mode even though it is actively being deprecated.

The countdown of days is helpful reminder to set-up your device with the new Team Management protocol from your Online Dashboard. For clarification, while you do not need to make an individual passcode for each team member, you will be required to create an owner passcode that only you should know. More on that here.

If you are still having issues after enabling an owner passcode, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team to help further troubleshoot this with you. We want to make sure this gets resolved for you!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

@Joe Thanks!! I do already have an owner passcode set. I have the Square Register, I will try to update the register. The problem started when I enabled team permissions, but I disabled them just a few minutes later. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey! I'm taking over for @Joe for the moment. I just wanted to check and see if it's still persisting after the update?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4