x

Pick up part of customer order

I have looked and can not seem to find an answer.  I have found when shipping an order, you select the items you are actually shipping, and I assume it will still let you leave the order as pending until the entire order has shipped.  (1st question) Is this correct?

However, am I missing this option when a customer is picking up / curbside?  I am new to this but I do have several customer that pick up but I still owe them something.   (2nd question)  Is there an option for curbside/ in store pick up  to leave the order still pending on a partial order pickup?

Same thing with customers that are in store and want to purchase something to pick up later because the item needs to be ordered.  (3rd question) Is there an option for this as well? Pay for the order but leave it pending?  

A video link or link instructions would be great if I am just missing this.  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

1st question Yes, the order will be left as pending until you ship the full order. 

2nd question No this ability to mark the order partially complete does not apply to curbside/pickup orders. 

3rd question - For in-store payments, I suppose you can use Open Tickets to leave the sale pending but collecting payment will close it out. So it's best to use open tickets when the customer is paying at pickup. 

Here's a video that walks through managing online orders. Here's an extra resource that'll help guide you too. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you. Do you think there will be an option coming soon for pick up order to select what items is being picked up but leave pending for items that were not?  (just as you do with shipping)  That would make that so much easier and I would think the set up would be the same as with shipping. 

Also, the ability to place orders in store but leave order as pending?  Reason being: when a customer special orders an item(s) that are not normal stock items, I ALWAYS require payment ahead of time.  I am sure I am not the only business that does this.  If there is another business out there that reads this, can you tell me what you do in this instance?  Thanks for any input!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@shawndell thanks for the feedback! I'm stepping in for Justin while he is out of office, but I will continue to bubble these requests to our team. 

@pessosices do you have any workarounds for special ordered items and prepayments? Not sure if you've encoutered this before. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4