x

Pinterest verification and integration help

Hi,

I'm trying to claim my Pinterest account but the "Verify and add Tag" button is greyed out.

Above the button it says "To verify and add a tag, you must have a custom domain." 

Having clicked on the "get a custom domain" link, it implies that it IS possible so I'm confused now.

Is it possible to link a Square sub domain to Pinterest or can this only be done if I upgrade to a paid account?

If it is possible, how do I go about it?

Thank you. x

Nikki_ 🙂
Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Ok I appear to have sorted it out. In case others have the same question....

It won't let me go through the "verify and add tag" button on my website, but I can add the Pinterest meta data code to the header. Pinterest has confirmed the verification so I guess that works. x

Nikki_ 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8

Best Answer

Hi Anniestasia,

On Pinterest,  where it gives the code to be added to your website (I'm hoping you know what I mean because I've only done this once and I can't find it now)...... it shows 2 different ones to choose from. Copy the one that starts with the words  

<meta name="p:domain_verify" content="

now go to your Square dashboard. On the menu down the left side, click "Settings" (right near the bottom),

then click "Tracking Tools".

Scroll to the bottom of that page and click the blue link that says    + add new code 

Give your code a name in the first box (I called mine pinterest)

Paste the code you copied into the 2nd bigger box

Make sure that the box is ticked next to the option   "head"

Save

Then go back to the verify part on Pinterest and it should work.

I hope these instructions aren't too flakey to understand. This is all new to me x

Nikki_ 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Ok I appear to have sorted it out. In case others have the same question....

It won't let me go through the "verify and add tag" button on my website, but I can add the Pinterest meta data code to the header. Pinterest has confirmed the verification so I guess that works. x

Nikki_ 🙂
Message 2 of 8

Hi Nikki,

I am currently trying to do this, how did you manage to edit the header in order to add the HTML tag?

Thanks,
Anastasia (Atwick Creations)
x
Message 3 of 8

Best Answer

Hi Anniestasia,

On Pinterest,  where it gives the code to be added to your website (I'm hoping you know what I mean because I've only done this once and I can't find it now)...... it shows 2 different ones to choose from. Copy the one that starts with the words  

<meta name="p:domain_verify" content="

now go to your Square dashboard. On the menu down the left side, click "Settings" (right near the bottom),

then click "Tracking Tools".

Scroll to the bottom of that page and click the blue link that says    + add new code 

Give your code a name in the first box (I called mine pinterest)

Paste the code you copied into the 2nd bigger box

Make sure that the box is ticked next to the option   "head"

Save

Then go back to the verify part on Pinterest and it should work.

I hope these instructions aren't too flakey to understand. This is all new to me x

Nikki_ 🙂
Message 4 of 8

Thank you so much Nikki, you allowed me to finally do it

Message 5 of 8

You're welcome, I'm glad my ramblings were useful to someone  🙂

Nikki_ 🙂
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Nikki_  can you tell me have you managed to connect your catalogue by giving a URL for Pinterest to ingest a data source ? I can’t make it work can you help please ? 

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hey @AlisonK, I'm just jumping in here! It sounds like something that was raised in this thread.

At the moment, there isn't a way to access the data source or product feed currently on Square Online site. This is currently a feature request.

However, I had a look around and there is a manual workaround that allows this, where you can upload and host your product feed on your Google Drive. Here are more information about it.

To export your item library, you can do so from the Dashboard here. There should be an option under Action > Export Library > Export to Excel or CSV.

The headers from the export file will be slightly different from what Pinterest is looking for. If you know what headers are missing, you could take your CSV into Google sheets and add in the missing header columns and information. It's not very efficient but should work. Once you have everything in, download it as an XML file and upload it to a page of your site using a link and the file option (right-click to get the URL of the XML file after publishing).

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 8 of 8