x

Printing receipts and nothing else.

I just purchased two Square registers and will be offering online ordering.  I am only interested in printing the online orders and nothing else.  What type of printer would you suggest?  Don't want to waste paper and ink.  I am wondering if I can use a small receipt type printer to print out the orders instead of receipts?  Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@junies unless I am wrong as I use ipads, the star receipt printers can be used to print order tickets.  The thermal paper printer is by far the most reliable and efficient printer for this set up.  There should be an option in settings to print online order tickets automatically when they come in and you can set that printer to print those.  As a note that printer and register have to be on and awake for the orders to come through.  Also, only set one of the registers to print online orders or you will get duplicates.  But you are looking for a star tsp-100 line.  I prefer ethernet printers, but your register probably supports USB also.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3

Thank you so much! You provided me with just the information I needed.  I appreciate your time!

Message 3 of 3