x
Beta Member

Recieved ny first Order

I just recieved my first Online order. 

I'm having trouble understanding how shipping works since this is My first time shipping off a package. 

Has anyone done this before and actually makes money from using square online?

Note: The package I'm using is poly mailers and the products they order are pretty small. I did have trouble understanding what to put down for the height but I did everything as told. 

Right now I'm in the process of shipping it out (only to USA for now) and was just a little worried because this is my first order that I recieved and I'm hoping I'm doing it right

Giftshop: https://www.indolentlynxgift.com/

Hon Tran
Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Indolentlynx ;

You can make money with Online sales, but as you are now finding out shipping is costing a fortune, which lowers your profits.

If you are using a Bubble wrap envelope, usually those have a set price and do not need a LxWxH measurement to ship.  I have found for my small wax melts that the shipping ends up being More than the price of the item itself.  There are a bunch of sites you can use to help you with shipping and getting discounts. Such as:

Shippo

Shipstation

stamps.com

pirateship 

etc

If you are using the USPS you can actually sign up with USPS and get free boxes and padded envelopes.  If you put in the Box or Padded envelope and the address for the to and sent from you sometimes do not have to enter the sizes of the package.  USPS has Flat Rate boxes and Regional Rate Boxes that have their measurements assigned in some of theses programs, they do have weight limits thought.  Like an A box can hold up to 15 lbs and a B box up to 20 lbs.  Both the A and B boxes come in 2 different sizes and both A boxes or both B boxes will cost the same.  But an A box is smaller and cheaper to send than the larger B boxes.  

Here is the link for USPS mailing supplies.  Some are Free others do cost and they can be shipped directly to you.

https://store.usps.com/store/home 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Indolentlynx ;

You can make money with Online sales, but as you are now finding out shipping is costing a fortune, which lowers your profits.

If you are using a Bubble wrap envelope, usually those have a set price and do not need a LxWxH measurement to ship.  I have found for my small wax melts that the shipping ends up being More than the price of the item itself.  There are a bunch of sites you can use to help you with shipping and getting discounts. Such as:

Shippo

Shipstation

stamps.com

pirateship 

etc

If you are using the USPS you can actually sign up with USPS and get free boxes and padded envelopes.  If you put in the Box or Padded envelope and the address for the to and sent from you sometimes do not have to enter the sizes of the package.  USPS has Flat Rate boxes and Regional Rate Boxes that have their measurements assigned in some of theses programs, they do have weight limits thought.  Like an A box can hold up to 15 lbs and a B box up to 20 lbs.  Both the A and B boxes come in 2 different sizes and both A boxes or both B boxes will cost the same.  But an A box is smaller and cheaper to send than the larger B boxes.  

Here is the link for USPS mailing supplies.  Some are Free others do cost and they can be shipped directly to you.

https://store.usps.com/store/home 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2