x

Remaining year-end inventory report

I am trying to create a report that shows my year-end inventory that I still have in stock. I would like to include quantity, price and price extensions.

The year-end inventory report on my dashboard lists everything that I sold -- not what I have remaining in stock.

Does anyone know if this kind of report can be generated?

Message 1 of 52
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Remaining year-end inventory report

@BBG - You'll need to navigate to a location specific dashboard first. Here is how:

1. Navigate to the Items tab of your Square Dashboard

2. Click on any item.

3. Under "Inventory," select a Location and press "Go."

Hope this helps! 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Square Support advises this:  

Manage Inventory and Alerts In Bulk

The Import tool allows you to download a report of your current inventory and update your inventory quantities in bulk. This is especially helpful for adding new inventory and verifying current stock.

To download an inventory report or make updates to your inventory in bulk:

1. Visit the Item Library.
  2. Click Import Inventory from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click “Download our template file” to download your current inventory CSV report.
  4. In this report, update your Stock Alert Enabled [Location] and New Quantity values and save the CSV file to your computer. 
    Note: At this time, CSVs are the only supported file for bulk import. Custom templates aren’t supported.
  5. Drag and drop your saved file to the Import Inventory window and click Upload > Confirm > Done.

To print this information for your records, Visit Item Library > click Export and follow the on-screen prompts. 

But there is no drop down menu with Import Inventory in Item Library any more.  This was how I did it last year, but Square seems to have removed the export option for some reason...

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Starbuck I will make sure to share your experience and feedback with our product team for their visibility regarding this feature request. 

Thank you for your patience while we work on a feature to backdate the inventory. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 43 of 52

Thank you!

Message 44 of 52
Beta Member

I have the exact same issue! It's now 8 months after end of year and I'm being told even the square for retail won't help. What app can I use to get this very basic business data needed for taxes?

Message 45 of 52

I know several improvements are on the way for reporting and Square for Retail. I don't have any updates at this time but my best advice, for now, is to follow our Product Updates page so you can get alerts when these updates become available.

You can also submit a feature request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 46 of 52
Beta Member

My accountant needs an end of year inventory report for last year. Is this seriously not an option? I don't have the retail version, just the basic as I'm a tiny business. I didn't know this would be needed; otherwise, I would have taken a manual inventory. Is this basic business feature being worked on?

Message 47 of 52

I'm trying to find a report for the same thing. I need an year end inventory report for 2021 for my CPA. I read the entire thread from 2016 to present, I can't believe Square hasn't fixed this. I keep finding issues with Square on the most basic of needs. I plan to look for a different software and will be switching over in 2023.

Message 48 of 52

Just another business owner recently moved to square.  Still cant find any way to find a date query search of inventory.  Is there still no way to run month end (or year end) inventory reports?  This will blow my mind if it has been talked about for this long with no easy answer.  Hoping that i missed in reading above.

Message 49 of 52

Hey there, @JaredBrenham

There are more in-depth reporting with a subscription with Square for Retail. I understand this might not fit your budget or business model.

If you're looking for something else, it would fall as a Feature Request instead. You would want to post this on the Ideate Board. 

Kassi
Message 50 of 52
Beta Member

Bringing this up again, how is there no year end inventory report?

Message 51 of 52

Hey there @TheCandlestick I appreciate you reaching out and providing your feedback on this request. You can reach out to our ideate board for this request and provide your insight there. Our team will provide updates on this request there.

Thank you again for your input. 

Message 52 of 52