x

Remove Cart - Square Weebly Mutant Site

My site is technically Weebly though when Square took over, I am now Square'ish. Meaning I have my same site platform and editing...basically, but some Square options are now mixed in such as this checkout bit.

I was exploring adding gift certificates and products. To explore it, I had to add a category and enable gift certificates. I chose not to go this route so I deleted the category and disabled the gift certificates. Now the 'cart 0' page icon and I can't get rid of it even though everything is deleted and disabled.

I have gone through every option along the side, cleared my cookies, Googled an answer, and found they all refer to options I do not see because the answers lean towards full Square sites rather than Weebly mutant child. 

Help!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller community, @Jen-WTD 😊

I'm happy to take a look into this with you. Can you please confirm your website URL so we can take a look at the live site? 

Message 2 of 8

Thank you for your help @BernadetteAhttps://www.wagthedogandcompany.com/ 

Message 3 of 8

You're welcome! Unfortunately, there isn't a direct way for you to remove the cart icon, however, I have a couple work arounds that you can try. 

1. From the main dashboard under Settings > Checkout, you will see a section titled Customer Experience. If you scroll down to the last option you will see you have a choice for Add to Cart, or Buy Now. Switch to Buy Now to remove the cart icon from the website. 

💡  Note: You will not see this section if you have not linked Square, Stripe, or Paypal to the account. You will need to temporarily link one of these accounts in order to make the edit to the Customer Experience section (which will show up as soon as you link a payment processor). 

2. Do you have access to the Weebly app on iPhone or Android? If so, log into app and navigate to the store settings section. You will see the same Add to Cart or Buy Now option, however, you do not need to have a payment processor linked in order to access and edit the option. 

I hope one of these two options works out for you! Please let me know if you have questions or run into trouble with this. 

Message 4 of 8

Thank you for the detailed response!

• I tried option 2 first, but the Weebly app is less than optimal. 
  • Option 1 for the win! I did have to go into a random page as if I was editing it, and hit publish for it to take effect. 

Thanks again! 

Message 5 of 8

Glad to hear you were able to sort that out! Take care ❤️

Message 6 of 8

Finally, after two weeks trying to remove the shopping cart, your advise really helped me. I opened the Weebly app on mobile, pressed Store, then Settings; took me to Store link then Store Mode; Buy Now, Yeah!!

Now, how can I possibly remove the Quote; Product not available from the Buy now button?

Thanks

Message 7 of 8

Glad to hear that was helpful for you, @Decopalette 

Now, how can I possibly remove the Quote; Product not available from the Buy now button?

Hmm.. I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you clarify, and also provide a screenshot if possible? Thanks in advance!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 🎉

Message 8 of 8