x

Report Permissions - Device Only Sales Reports for Team Members

Hi Square Community,

Quick question on permissioning the report views in Square. 

We have team members who are working our booth at Farmers Markets. We use the square readers and they use their phones to take payments. 

I want them to be able to see their own sales totals for the day (so they can hit a sales goal). But I don't want them to see sales on other devices or be able to see historical data across all the markets. It would not be helpful for this group to see all our sales as a company. 

What permissions should I select?

Currently I have 'View Limited sales reporting' checked. It limits how far back they can see (no historical/trending) but it doesn't say it's limited to just their device/account. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sandi

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HI, hopefully this Square Support page will help.  Team Management and to include Permissions.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5591-get-started-with-employee-management

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 11.18.49 AM.png

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 4

Thanks, I'm still not finding a clear answer. 

They each have team member accounts; I've set up the limited permissions and they log into the square app on their phone when working. On their phones, when they go to the report tab in the app. I want them to be able to pull a report of their sales (while working) on their phone/device (option: this device only). I do not want them to be able to pull 'all devices'. 

Appreciate any guidance you guys have. We don't need a 4 digit passcode since they all have team member profiles and custom permissions now. I'm just trying to refine the permission and confirm I can limit it in this way. (each team member sees their own sales for that day and not everyone's sales). 

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I am in the same exact boat for my farmer's market sales team. It makes no sense why each Team Member cannot pull a sales report for their sales alone for the day. Now with the most recent update they can also no longer see their full transaction history either. They can only see about 5 sales. These updates need to be done for Square to remain relevant to all of their customers. 

Message 4 of 4