x
Beta Member

Restricting delivery address to billing address for high value orders

Hi, 

We've been hit a couple of times now by online scam artists purchasing online and requesting items delivered to an address different to the card holders as we sell some higher value items. We would like to put in place a policy to only ship to billing address for orders over a certain value. I can't see an option to do this automatically, I have added a note in the shipping and returns policy, but is there anyway to have something show this information on the checkout screen?

Thanks

ReefPassion

Claire
reef-passion.co.uk
Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ReefPassion, I'm sorry to hear about that! You are right to clarify this in your shipping and return policy. There is no feature or option to require the same shipping and billing address when the order is over a certain amount. You can definitely check with the customer when you receive a large order with a different shipping and billing address in order to make sure this is a legitimate purchase. If you suspect the order is a scam, you can cancel it and refund the customer. I understand it is not ideal and requires manual actions but it will help prevent those orders. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content