x
Beta Member

Retail Bar Code Labels

I have a Zebra 410 label printer that uses a 2.25" x 1.25" label. Is there way to select that size label anywhere? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@sylviajvincent ;

According to this article you can not print on that size label with Square.

6093-create-and-print-bar-code-labels-with-square-for-retail 

But if you have a computer that can print labels with somewhere else, you could download the Free Zebra Designer 3 printer software.  That is what I have done to print my barcodes on my items that we make.

barcode-printers/zebralink/zebra-designer.html 

Here is the video I used to setup my 5 Zebras to print 5 different sized labels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS5gwiorQ6s 

Here is an article where I showed some of my Jewelry / Dumbbell labels I printed on which are 1/2 in high by 2.2 inches wide, with one of my zebra 420 printers and the Free Zebra Designer software.  The Barcodes are in the software, you just copy your UPC code in and choose your Barcode.  As long as your scanner can read that Barcode and is compatible with Square it should work.   As you see I use a 2D Aztec code for my barcodes to keep them on the smaller size and roughly the same size no matter if the SKU is 10 characters or 30 characters long.  

Square-Options-for-Printing-on-Butterfly-Jewelry-Tags/td-p/383677 

This is all just ways to help you use the labels you have with your printer.

My understanding is the Zebra Designer 3 only works with a PC, not a Mac.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thank you Keith! I shall give it a try. I just purchased the Zebra last fall as my old died after 10 years. I have been trying to make it work but the compatible label sizes are just too small.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

if you have more questions you can ask me.   Good luck setting it up and the hardest part was setting up the label size the first time for me.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4