x

Returns To Vendors

We order kegs of beer from various vendors.  They charge us a deposit on each keg of $50, which we add to our purchase order so we know what our total order amount is.  When we return that keg back to the vendor, is there a way to put a keg deposit return on a purchase order to that vendor of a -$50 (deposit refund) or a -1 unit and have it deducted from our purchase order amount? Otherwise, the PO amount does not match our actual invoice amount.  So in other words, we have a pending PO of $150 from a vendor, but at the time of delivery, we have a return worth $50 going back which is deducted by the vendor at the time of delivery.  Now our invoice amount is only $100 but our PO amount still is at $150.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hey @BruceM-

Thanks for reaching out in the Seller Community.

I'm a little confused here. Are you able to edit the purchase order to reflect the actual cost (-$50), or does that not work? Apologies if I'm totally missing something here. Additionally, please feel free to give our Square for Retail team a call if you'd like to discuss this over the phone. Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 11

Thanks for the reply Isabelle.  It doesn't appear that I can edit the PO to reflect a credit.  I will get in touch with the Retail Team this week.  

Message 3 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi Bruce 👋 I can step in and wrap up here for Isabelle.

Sounds like a plan! Feel free to reach back out to us here and let us know where you land with the Retail team. We'd love to be able to add a solution here for others who may have this same issue and stumble upon this thread.

Thanks, again!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 11

Spoke with the Retail Team (very nice conversation by the way).  No solution right now - no existing way for a return to vendor.  A feature to hopefully be added in the future. 

Message 5 of 11

Thanks for letting us know, @BruceM! I'm glad you were able to get a solidified answer. Hopefully we will some good news to share on this front soon. 

Cheers! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

This seems like a pretty big deal to just shrug off and say we don't have a way to do that... don't most businesses have returns to vendors? In past experience, inventory management software usually includes a negative purchase order function to facilitate returning damaged or unneeded stock to the original vendor.

Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

We are a drive thru for soda beer and more.  Sometimes if there is an outdated item we must return to the vendor.  It’s pretty silly there is no way to perform this already.  Accountants need paper trails for this

Message 8 of 11

Hi @ClearcreekPizza

Thank you for writing in and highlighting this feature request. While we don't have an update on this at the moment, we'll continue to advocate for this suggestion with our team and will share any news via this thread. 

Message 9 of 11

We started using square POS retail for our beer distributor, we have the same issue as well there Is no way to do return keg deposits for customers beside go through all the transaction-month-old and look for the keg and issue the refund. this is so silly if other smaller POS system that is not as big as Square has this type of feature but not in Square. I have NCR Silver and they have those features, they have a lot of other features much better than square for retail business. Square is for like restaurant pos system not for retail. 

Message 10 of 11

Hey @Beerbarn Thanks for reaching out and providing your feedback on this request. I agree with you and do understand the frustration especially when you are paying for a service. Our Square Retail system is one newer subscription so it is definitely a work in progress, and we are trying to build it up. We have made some changes to the feature request process, so if you don't mind I would submit a request to our Ideate Board. We will track and monitor the request from there. Please keep in mind a submission on Ideate does not guarantee it will be implemented. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community ModeratoPlease let me know if you have any other questions. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 11 of 11