x

See total monthly transactions broken down by day

I am wondering if there is a way the total number of transactions for a month but broken down by day.

I can see the total for a month, and I can see the total for a day, but I want to be able to see the daily totals for a whole month at the same time. Right now I have to manually tab through each day and transcribe the number of daily transactions into my spreadsheet because this information is not included in a daily sales summary report.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @BagelGuild !

Yes, there is a way to do this... kind of.

Choose the Payment Methods report from your dashboard and then the date range you need. Where it says Summary click that and choose Daily.

This report will show you the list of payments taken for whatever day you have selected in the date picker. If you click the little "+" button that's to the far right of the screen--its located on the same row the dates are listed--you can choose various data to view. Choose Payments from the drop down.

This will now list every payment by type by count with a total at the bottom of the list. That number is your transaction count for the day.

A couple of things:

-on my web browser (Firefox, Windows 10), if I choose the month I only get a report for the first 11 days on screen.

-Exporting the csv file does give me the full month data but doesn't give me the total transactions for the days.

-If you had any split payments through the day, your counts will be off because you had two payments for one check

I'd also recommend downloading the Dashboard App if you have an iPhone. It gives you the transaction count on a daily basis by default.

Hope this (kinda) helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2