x

Seriously, when is variable weight barcode happening?

I have 5000 dollars worth of CAS LP1000 scales in my butcher shop and we can’t use the barcodes from any of them because Square doesn’t read variable weight barcodes....for real, it’s almost the year 2020 and this can’t be done? Square is perfect for us but this feature not being available is ridiculous. Is it even being tested or worked on yet?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@Dimetera

Thanks for the feedback, we're always looking for ways to make the product fit all businesses better. We just launched decimal quantities (by weight features) this past quarter, and soon will be selling the compatible scale on our Square shop. 

We'd be happy to pass this request to our Product Team, but as of right now this will be a Feature Request. A little insight to our Feature Request process is available here

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 4

I'll add my name to this also. We stopped using Square 3 years ago because there is no integration for Weight Embedded barcodes. Even Square switching to decimal quantities can't come close to the amount of time saved by utilizing weight embedded barcodes. Every year I search the forums for any news on this as an update but it's always the same answer. "We will pass this on to the Product Team." If it's ever updated Square might just get some customers back and a bunch of new ones. 

Message 3 of 4

I am using Shopify for this very reason. It has been cumbersome but works. I do miss square and would be back in heartbeat if they would add support for this.  But @Dimetera I'm wondering if this works> https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7419-scanning-bar-codes-from-label-printing-scales-on-point-...

Message 4 of 4