x

Custom booking questions and fields?

Custom booking questions and fields?

I'm a bit surprised this doesn't seem to be possible. I just started a small tutoring/academic coaching business and I need to know whether the students are over 18 or not. Ultimately, it's a bit of an honor system thing, but not being able to ask for a parent's name is going to cause problems over the long term for things like processing credit cards and just knowing if the person that I'm scheduling is even legally allowed to enter into a contract or use a credit card.

3 Verified Answers
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to add required custom fields for appointments?

Hey @TrinityTreasure, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to add customized fields to the booking flow is not available at this time. I can see how this feature would streamline the check-in process for a wide variety of sellers. For now, you may need to verify additional details outside of the app.

We'll circle back with any other developments or solutions as they become available. Please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Custom booking questions?

Hi @Thomas2

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Custom booking questions or fields when your customers book appointments is definitely one of the more popular feature requests we've seen. 

Our Product Team is currently tracking this, and your personal use case for age limits is one that I haven't seen before, so thanks for sharing your feedback! Hopefully our Product Team can come up with a solution for this in the near future. 

Currently, the best workaround to collect additional information is to request that it be provided in the appointment notes when they book. Here's a screenshot from the customer booking side for reference: 

You can add instructions to indicate if they're 18+, and if not, to provide their parents name in the Service Description field so your clients can see it when they book. Here's another screenshot of the Service Description section: 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with a workaround that they currently use for their business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions 👍🏼

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Customize Appointments form

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

I know it's pretty generic, but there currently isn’t a way to add custom fields to your online booking site, but this is a popular feature request the Appointments team is tracking.

What would be the reasoning behind changing the "How do we say hello?" section? Our Product Team would love to hear the feedback. 

132 Comments
Admin

Hey @TrinityTreasure, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to add customized fields to the booking flow is not available at this time. I can see how this feature would streamline the check-in process for a wide variety of sellers. For now, you may need to verify additional details outside of the app.

We'll circle back with any other developments or solutions as they become available. Please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

When ppl submit appt requests online, I want to add some required fields. How do I do that? 

If I am provided with additional info at the offset, I can better determine if I can accept the appointment or make adjustments. 

Beta Member

I need square to add a forms feature.. and also packages to add on to appointments. Acuity has both of these features but I want to keep all of my operations under square. I am a service oriented, appointment only bridal boutique so this is a necessity. 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Intake Forms with Square Appointments

I have read several posts on adding custom fields to the appointment booking form, but nothing clear. Nor is their much discussion about how to handle this.

Business need:

Intake forms are generated only once for new clients

Data is stored to customer profile? (maybe)

It is required info that needs to be collected before offering a service

This seems like it should be a pretty common need for businesses. For example release forms for minors, custom questionnaires prior to a service, policy notices, etc.

My particular example is for a Counseling/Therapy business service where the clients need to fill out an intake form asking a few things about there therapy history, medications, etc. There are some HIPAA considerations here...

My original thought was to use a webhook to trigger the emailing of the intake documents to the new client.

Am I missing something, is there a good way to do this currently with Square Appointments? 

Admin

Welcome to the Community @zoro!

I've merged your post into this thread where other sellers have requested custom fields or the ability to integrate unique forms for the Appointments booking site. (There isn't an API for Square Appointments at this time.)

The Appointments team reads each post and they'll find your use case helpful, I really appreciate it! If we have any updates on this feature request we'll update this post so you're notified.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Customizing Appointment Intake Form

I love using Square and how it keeps track of my client's purchase history and the ability to market to them. I was excited when Square announced the Appointments feature, however my disappointment came when I found out there wasn't a way to customize an intake form for my client's to complete prior to their appointment. I'm having to use another Company for my client's to book their appointment and then I have to manually enter the information into Square. Please take a look at Acuity Scheduling to see how they implemented this feature. 

Admin

Thank you for your post @SirCarolosJ. This is a popular request that we're tracking in this thread. I've also shared a workaround which might help in the meantime. If we have any news about a custom booking form for Square Appointments we'll update this thread! 

You've been tracking this feature request for over a year. It's not that complicated of coding to add such a feature. Is this really somehting that Square can't fast track? The workaround you're suggesting doesn't really work since it relies on the customer actually filling out another form later when they are less likely to do so. 

The ability to create intake forms for clients to recieve digitally prior to appointments would convince me to switch. I love square's interface and ease of use, but I can't afford to lose my current scheduler's ability to email clients a customization form to check for medical issues, allergies, injuries, etc., prior to treatment. Stylists and Aestheticians also commonly use forms like this and the best POS systems/Schedulers include an option like this. Please consider adding this!

Beta Member

Please add cutom questions or form submisions ot square appointments! This is the only feature that is stop me from moving from acuity.