x
Beta Member

Signature method will switch for no apparent reason

I have a Square Register and a Square Stand. The Square Register is set to have customers sign and tip on the device. The Square Stand is set to have customers sign and tip on a printed receipt. Occassionally we will be running a customer's card and the Square Register will not prompt the customer to sign and tip on the device...or the Square Stand will ask for the customer's signature and tip on the device. We will then go into settings and will see the setting has switched for that device. But no one is changing the setting. It just seems to do this on its with no rhyme or reason. Is this some sort of software glitch? Or am I doing something incorrectly?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hmm, that sounds strange @Amanda_Bierock. Signature settings device-specific, so if you update the settings on your Square Register they shouldn't change on the Square Stand, and vice versa.

Furthermore, in June we fixed an issue that was causing sign and tip settings to become 'undone' on the Point of Sale app. Can you make sure you've downloaded the latest version of the Point of Sale app (version 4.91) to your iPad? You could also turn the iPad off, leave it off for 30 seconds or so and then turn it back on. That can help fix glitches like this, especially if you don't turn it off that often.

I've asked our engineering team to see if there are any known issues with the Square Register signature settings. When I have more information I'll post again here to let you know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2