x

Single Item Inventory but with 3 Payment Options

I am thinking this isn't possible, but I'm desperate to find out and the brainiacs on here are just the ones to do it! 

I have 14 workshops held at a college with dorms.  There are 12 seats in each workshop, but 3 ways to register for a seat. 

Knitting 101

Deposit $200

Full Payment $1200

Commuter Full Payment $900

So the variations are the payment options, right? Meaning I have to distribute the inventory of 12 across the 3 payment options? 

I can't put 12 in each payment choice because we could easily oversell the workshop. 

Does this make sense to anyone? Can you help?  THANK YOU!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Thanks for checking in here, @NatBorg!

This is an interesting question—as I think it through, the part where things get hung up is that we aren't able to offer the ability to accept security deposits at this time. We're tracking this request in another thread and we'll announce any updates that come through: Can I collect a security deposit with Square?

Otherwise, if your students were able to pay upfront, then setting up with variations for each tuition type would be the way to go.

I realize that this probably isn't the outcome you were hoping for—I know I didn't have much $$$ to spare during college. I'll be sure to share your post with the appropriate team members.

If any others have been in a similar situation or have another take on what's worked well, please don't hesitate to share your insight!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3

With 14 workshops and 3 variations for each, it would be pretty ponderous. 🙂 

I think we have to cut it down to one variation and put the 12 seats in that inventory/item. Appreciate the help and will check out the Security Deposit thread. Thanks !

Message 3 of 3