x
Beta Member

Square Card showing old name instead of married name

I am wanting to order a debit card but it is reading my original last name before I remarried. My new married name is showing being updated within my account but when I go to order the card, its showing the original old name.  How do I correct that?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @PMStowing!

This would be because your account was probably signed up under your old name before you were married. 

There's not a way to change the name on the account once it's been created, but you could sign up for a new account under your new married name if that's what you would like to show up on the Square Card.

I wish there was a better option but that's unfortunately the only way you'd be able to get your new name on the card. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I got married and changed my name. I'd like to get the square card, but it will only print with the account name which is wrong and I cannot change. My business is well established and I don't want to start over.  Do I just get the card in my old name? What happens if I'm asked for id and my name doesn't match?

Tracey Johnson (not Chagolla)

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Tchagolla and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a more relevant thread where a different seller had the same question.

Check out my answer above.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4