x

Square Loyalty - Customer Experience Basics

I'm trying to wrap my head around how this loyalty program works.  I understand that if the customer pays and signs on the tablet, it's very straight forward as they will be asked to join, and I assume there is some way for them to continue earning points the next time they come in via a linked credit card, or some questionnaire if they pay with cash.  

Unfortunately, we use paper signature pages.  My questions:

1: I enabled the email option for customers to opt-in after the fact, but what if they aren;t reachable?  Do I need to manually collect emails and phone numbers?

2: Suppose I collected their email / phone number, how do I track subsequent points earned on purchases?  How does Square know what they spent the next time they come in?  Will I have to keep manually updating their points?

3: What if they paid in cash?  Is there something on the POS that lets me punch in a phone number and associate to a transaction?

4: Does the Loyalty program do partial points?  Suppoese it's 1 point per $10, and they spend $11.  Do they get 1.1 points?

5: Under customer directory, there is no filter for "enrolled customers".  How do I check to see which customers have joined?

6: I created an email campaign to get customers to sign up via loyalty->promotions but it didnt appear under Marketing.  Is this supported?  Can I cancel?

Thanks,

Ed

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hi @charsue - Thanks for all these questions about Square Loyalty. I just want to clarify that Loyalty (how you track your customers and give them rewards) is a bit different from Square Marketing (mostly an email channel for you to contact your customers about deals/updates from your business). I'll answer your questions below in the same format 🙂

1. I think you're talking about marketing here (since that's the place I see "unreachable"). This mostly means that the person might have unsubscribed and can't be contacted. So no need to manually collect emails/phone numbers.

2. You can see all points accrued by a customer in your Customers part of the Dashboard. Just put in their phone or email to look them up. All points are automatically added if the customer puts in their info at check out.

3. You should be able to add Loyalty points to cash transactions but you can always add them manually.

4. Unfortunately there are no partial points, but you can set up different thresholds for points.

5. Your customer directly is a list of all enrolled customers so that's why no filter like that exists.

6. That campaign lives in the Loyalty section of dashboard, so that's why you're not seeing it in Marketing. 

Message 2 of 2