x

Square Marketing: How do I edit an active marketing campaign?

I recently created a new ongoing campaign to welcome new customers after they've visited.  I'd like to go in and customize the email more.... it doesn't even have recipeints yet!  HOW do I do this?  Seems like a pretty simple thing to do yet I see no "edit" button or way to access the editing screen.  Please tell me I don't have to delete this campaign and start over with a new one.  That seems counter-productive!

Message 1 of 62
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I edit an active marketing campaign?

Hello @fsbodyworks, that's a great question.

Currently we don't have the ability to edit marketing campaigns once they're active. I can see how being able to edit automated campaigns like welcoming new customers would be a smoother process. I'll make sure to pass that feedback along to the Marketing Team.

I don't have a timeline for when this might be avalible. but if I hear anything I will make sure to let you know.  

I've also gone ahead and moved your post to the features section of the community so our product managers can view this thread. 

If you still have questions please let me know! 

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @smooteacafe,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the confusion with this campaign. At this time, there isn’t a way to edit an active campaign once it has been sent. 

If this was an automated campaign or a blast campaign with a coupon, you can cancel it and then resend it. 

To do so, follow these steps:

1. Visit Marketing in your online Square Dashboard
  2. Select the Active campaign you’d like to cancel > click View > Cancel.
  3. Select whether you’d like to still honor unredeemed coupons or cancel and invalidate them.
  4. Click Cancel Campaign.

Hopefully everything got sorted out, but if you have any questions—please get in touch with our Customer Success team. They'll be able to take a deeper dive into your settings.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Instagram Link in Email Campaign Doesn't work

I just sent out a marketing email and Facebook campaign.  I made sure all of my business information and social links were up to date before I sent the campaign, however the link to my Instagram doesn't work and says "page doesn't exist" even though the same link in the online store and booking works just fine.  

This is annoying since most of my social content is on Instagram so I just paid for a campaign for nothing basically.  Is there any way of fixing this?  Im not going to send future campaigns if the link isn't going to work. 

Message 43 of 62
Admin

That's really strange that your Instragram link isn't working @Eclatmedspa, sorry to hear it. Your social media links should work for every campaign.

If you've confirmed that the Instagram link isn't working in any of the emails (hopefully it was an isolated incident), you can cancel your campaign if it was an automated campaign or a blast campaign with a coupon before sending a new camapign - I'm afraid you can't edit an active campaign.

Being able to edit an active campaign is a request we've heard before and I'll share your feedback with the Marketing team. Apologies again for the frustration this caused.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 44 of 62

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Birthday Marketing campaign: How do I update the redemption price?

I started a birthday marketing and is going very well, but I need to update the redemption price. How do I do it?

Message 45 of 62
Admin

Hi again @RSPC. At this time it's not possible to update an active campaign. To make changes you can cancel your current campaign and start a new one with the updated details. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 46 of 62

This is crazy, how can you NOT edit an active campaign. Coupon values may change, etc. 

By canceling a campaign you stop the analyst every time you have to make a new campaign. This is just no good. 

Message 47 of 62

Mind blown, it's been 2 years since someone has mentioned this is a legitamate issue. I'm paying for Square marketing yet there are still amature problems with the system. I worked hard on the campaign and don't want to delete it and recreate it all over again just to add one important word. 

Message 48 of 62

Just want to CHIME IN HERE...2020 and still can't edit a campaign 😡!!!!!  I just started using the Marketing feature and of course I didnt nail on the 1st go around.  After fresh look today I realize I have changes I need to make....BUT I CANT.  I have to delete and START OVER 😱.  VERY FRUSTRATING!

Message 49 of 62

I just posted the same issue. This isn't acceptable or professional. My time is important!

Message 50 of 62
Beta Member

Why isn't this available yet??? Seems like a pretty basic feature! Every other email marketing program I've used allows for this. Come on Square! Catch Up! Your customers have been asking for this for YEARS (literally... look at the date of the first post on this topic). This makes me want to switch back to MailChimp.

Message 51 of 62
Beta Member

I am using square marketing, and they have an automated welcome email program which I also setup to give customer a free soda if they came back within 2 weeks, I have not had a single one of these redeemed yet (and we have really good jones pure cain sodas) but obviously that isn't working, so I want to change the offer to a free pizza slice. How do I go in and edit the email offer letter etc ? 

Message 52 of 62
Alumni

For the emails already sent, they cannot be edited but @Tom tells you how to cancel the running campaign and resend it with the correct offer included. 

I merged your post to his best answer. Check it out up top! @TinyBrickOven

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 53 of 62
Beta Member

Sorry Justin I don't see his answer or the thread ? ... just for the record I knew we could not edit emails that have already been sent 🙂 , I would like to change the offer for new customers from now on. 

Message 54 of 62
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @TinyBrickOven 👋 Stepping in for Justin, here. I believe he was referring to this Best Answer here.

Let me know if that gets you where you need to be!

Joe
Message 55 of 62
Beta Member

Perfect, Thanks Joe ! Looks like the solution is to delete the current campaign and start a new one. Thanks ! 

Message 56 of 62

Glad you found a resolution here, @TinyBrickOven! Feel free to hit us up if anything else comes up!

Joe
Message 57 of 62

Hi I am looking at this email from 2017, and it is now 2021 and I still see no way to simply edit an existing marketing campaign? I want to change the discount amount from $2 to $5. I still don't see a way to do this. This is very typical - for a Square representative to say that they will pass along what seems to be an obvious feature that Square doesn't have - only to be never heard of again> When might we be able to edit these campaigns if the feature is not already available?

Thanks.

Message 58 of 62

This is insane.  Someone called out Square's enormous oversight of forgetting an "edit" button for campaigns 4 years ago, and still nothing has been done about it?  Square is notorious for putting out half-baked products, selling them, and then moving on to the next thing without ever fixing all the bugs and oversights.  So we still need to "delete" and start over to make a simple change?  Wow.

Message 59 of 62

One way to deal with it is to just stop using accessory products like Square Marketing.  When my costs escalated to about $75/month because the Customer platform doesn't automatically consolidate duplicate customers, I just decided that was enough.

Message 60 of 62

How do I STOP/CANCEL an active campaign. I don't need to edit it, I just want it to be no longer in effect. I did a holiday campaign for the holidays with prices that are no longer in available, but the campaign is still out there. I need to remove that campaign.

Message 61 of 62

Hello, @zenaturals302 - Welcome back to the Seller Community!

We hope your campaign went well. We are happy to help with this. 

To cancel a campaign:

1. Visit Marketing in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select the Active campaign you'd like to cancel > click Cancel.
  3. Select whether you'd like to still honor unredeemed coupons, or cancel and invalidate them.
  4. Click Cancel Campaign.

Feel free to also take a look at our Square Marketing FAQ. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Have a wonderful day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 62 of 62