x
Beta Member

Square Register Customer Display Cable

What type of cable connects the Customer Display to the Register dock? I am wondering in case i need a cable that is longer than 40" as I am considering upgrading from Square POS to Square Register.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

What's up @JackSulaiman✌️

Good question. The Customer display cable is just a micro-USB-B to micro-USB-B cable. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

thank you

Message 3 of 8

I need my display to be 25 feet away from the register and work! Is there a cord in existence on earth that would make that happen? Plus would the little 90° Micro USB adapter work with the cord to make like the one they send you so the cord isn't straight and bending? 

Message 4 of 8

I want to buy the square register that has the connecting customer display but I need the display to be able to work for at least 25 foot away from the register.

What kind of cord connects the Square Register to the Customer Display? 

They are offering a free 6 foot cord from square when you get the whole Register Hardware with Customer Display too but I need something a-lot longer. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME! 

I’m trying to find the right cord that will work with them so I can have the display at least 25 foot away. I found some 90° Micro USB male connectors to attach to make any straight cord into what they give you with the register but does anyone know if they work? 

I would hate to buy the whole kit and not even be able to use it or get cords that aren’t right for the display. 

😭PLEASE Help🙏🙏🙏 THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS! I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD THAT NEEDS TO FIND A LONG CORD TO WORK WITH THE TWO!!!

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Hey @JustGoMIA! Thanks for posting in the community. 

I see you posted a similar question on a few other threads. Please refrain from duplicating posts - Sellers and Community Moderators scan these threads everyday, so rest assured one of us will see and answer your post. 

Not sure if you already saw my reply to one of your posts. I merged you in case you're having trouble finding it. 

Thank you! 

Justin
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

hi did you find a cord that worked? i also need a long cord, about 15 feet. 

We have a inland check out station and the cord needs to run down the inland across the floor to the customer area. 

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

We don't offer a USB-B type cord in our shop extends that far. Maybe try Amazon. As for the adapter, we haven't tested any for the Square Register, so we cannot guarantee compatibility. 

Feel free to try though and let us know how it works! @JustGoMIA

Justin
Message 8 of 8