x

Square Terminal Version with "tabs"

We currently have one square terminal that allows us to have "tabs" at the top of the screen where we can establish items we want to quickly access and select. We recently got another square terminal but the newer one does not seem to allow the "tabs" for programming and quick selection. I believe this is due to a difference in the software. How can I setup our newer terminal to have these "tabs" like our older terminal? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

On my Square Terminal, I just did it by going into Settings / Hardware and there was a prompt at the top of the screen to upgrade to the new Square Point of Sale.  Once I did that, the Terminal rebooted and I had the new experience with tabs at the top.  I hope this helps.

IMG_0941.jpg

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

On my Square Terminal, I just did it by going into Settings / Hardware and there was a prompt at the top of the screen to upgrade to the new Square Point of Sale.  Once I did that, the Terminal rebooted and I had the new experience with tabs at the top.  I hope this helps.

IMG_0941.jpg

Message 2 of 4

Thanks, on my older terminal that option is there. But on this new terminal we just received when you go to "settings" there is no hardware option. I can only find a "device" option and the feature activation does not seem to be anywhere under that option.

Message 3 of 4

I just restarted the terminal and the software upgrade option popped up finally and we are now able to use the tabs. Thanks

Message 4 of 4