x

Square for Restaurants: How can I set up more then one ticket per table?

I am new to Square POS restaraunts! how do I set up multiple tickets per table. Table of 4 walks in and they want to each be on there own bill.? The regular square POS allowed me to add tickets per table.. so If I had table for 10 I can set up 10 tickets... 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey! You can assign each ticket to the individuals on the table by splitting the checks. 

To split a check and its items into multiple checks in the Square for Restaurants app:

1. Select the check to split.
  2. Tap Actions > Split.
  3. Choose the item(s) you’d like to move to another check.
  4. Tap Create New Check.
  5. Select Save Check or Save All to confirm.

You can read a detailed article on managing your checks with Square for Restaurants as well! Let me know if you have any other questions though. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

Hey! You can assign each ticket to the individuals on the table by splitting the checks. 

To split a check and its items into multiple checks in the Square for Restaurants app:

1. Select the check to split.
  2. Tap Actions > Split.
  3. Choose the item(s) you’d like to move to another check.
  4. Tap Create New Check.
  5. Select Save Check or Save All to confirm.

You can read a detailed article on managing your checks with Square for Restaurants as well! Let me know if you have any other questions though. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I have a similar problem.  A table of four walks in and makes 4 different orders and payments at the counter but the KDS sees 4 different orders instead of one cohesive ticket for the four people.  What is the workflow to manage this style?  eg, ordering at counter before taking a seat?

Message 3 of 6

Hi @imyoink Are you running into an issue with the food coming out at significantly different times? Would everyone in the party be able to place their order, and then pay? 

Message 4 of 6

I’m interested in knowing this answer as well. I tried to do the order by table and split the check method. It created more confusion for my new waitresses.

Message 5 of 6

Hey there @Ksprice2 👋

At this time @AshleyK's post would be the only option. If you have a suggestion on how this could be implemented, feel free to share it here so I may flag it as a feature request to our product team.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 6 of 6