x

Square is sending email that state the IRS info (name/EIN) dont match with Square but doesnt say wha

email from square stating their info and IRS as it relates to name/EIN are different.  cant find out what is different.  and when i thought it was the name and a comma and INC it was greater than 40 characters.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Clemente21

Sorry for the delayed response. 

Your entry needs to match what the IRS has on file exactly during the live link with the IRS. I checked in on this for you and it looks like you were able to get in contact with a member of our Support team. 

They should be able to get you taken care of, and let us know if you need anything else. 

Message 2 of 7

Unforetuneately no one has and a gal named Summer initially went to the IT group and never responded back.  Reached out Tuesday and still no reply 

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@ellamae Everything is up and running as normal. 

While we submit the information for you, we are matching it with the IRS records. 

Here's a few tips that we recommend double checking anytime sellers receive that error:

1. If you have a DBA, enter your legal name instead of your business name. E.g., John D. Smith DBA “John Smith Enterprises” should be entered as “John D Smith.”
  2. Make sure you are entering your full business name.
  3. Make sure you are entering your full legal name. If you recently married, try using your maiden name.
  4. Ensure you don’t include any commas, periods, or apostrophes within the business name in the tax form tab, as the IRS website doesn’t allow for these characters.
  5. Verify that you’re entering information issued by a federal agency such as the IRS or SSA (Social Security Administration) and not a state agency.
Message 4 of 7

I am having the same issue.  Needs to be resolved ASAP.

Message 5 of 7

I am having the same issue. Square is telling me my EIN doesnt match but my # is correct, i checked with our state.  Is square having a glitch? 

Message 6 of 7

Hey @Istpelican, does your business name exceed 40 characters? 

If so, we recommend filling out this sections exactly how it's reported to the IRS up to the character limit. It will still be accepted. 

If you're running into another issue, feel free to share some more details so we can find a solution together. 🙂

Message 7 of 7