x

Square sends my purchase information to third party.

Isn't that violation of privacy? How do I make them stop or sue them?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hello @TiredOfScams, I'm sorry to hear about this. I can shed some light on our digital receipts, privacy policy, and how to update your receipt address. 

Square takes the privacy of both our sellers and their buyers incredibly seriously. Square does not rent or sell Personal Information to others. We do not share customer information across sellers who are using Square. Unless a customer has directly given their contact information to a seller, the seller will not have access to it.

For Square Receipts, the customer enters the email address to which they want their receipt sent the first time they use a payment card at a Square seller.  Square helps protect customers’ privacy by ensuring that all future automatic receipts for that card are sent to the email address entered at the first point of sale.  In addition, the only Personal Information on a digital receipt is the last 4 digits of the credit card.

Square’s privacy stance is outlined in the following locations on our website:

If your receipts are going to the wrong email address you can contact Square Support. After providing information to locate your transaction, our Customer Success team will unlink the incorrect contact info from your your credit card info. 

Message 2 of 2