x

Time tracking with ipad/POS

Hi,

Our group runs a concession stand for fundraising.  We have volunteers check in and out to track hours worked, and we credit their children's accounts for time worked.

We want to use the Square stand, 4 of them, at our location with iPads running point of sale.

Can anyone walk up to any one of the four iPads and clock in/out easily?  I looked in the app on my phone and can't find it easily.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

@potlbb Absolutely, The icon for clocking in and out is on the bottom right corner unless you are using device codes then it is on the lock screen with a button that says clock in/out.  It is very easy to set up and you can track those hours with a report for any time or date range also.

I actually set up an old android tablet by the door to my office for people just to clock in and out.  Doesn't cost me anything but a plug in and a little wall holder.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 7

I see where to set up a device code, but I think it would be hard to remember.  From what I can find, it looks like at each one of the terminals a person would need their own "team member" account with ID and password.  Then, someone would walk up and sign someone else out, sign in, clock in, then sign out so someone else could do the same.  Do I have that right?

On your Android tablet, how does someone clock in and out?  Do they have to enter their full user ID and password, then clock in?  Is there a simple way to enter a PIN, then clock in/out?

thanks!

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@potlbb once you put in the device code you do not have to enter it again.  The app automatically loads with the pin number screen set up or straight to the point of sale if you don't have log in's enabled.  Device codes are actually wonderful!

to clock in and out all they do is input his or her pin!

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 7

I see.  That makes sense.  I think the part I am missing is where someone creates their PIN.  I'm searching and looking all over and can't find it!   Also, in the reports section I have, I can't find where to run a timecard report.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

@potlbb Check in your online dashboard and you will set up employees and there you set their pin (I use last 4 of social).  You will also enable team permissions I believe.  But otherswise, timecards do not cost a subscription.  The report is under "timecards" once you have set it up.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

MustHaveMenus
Message 6 of 7

OK.  I had to go into Team Permissions, set what I wanted there, click Next to get to Access Points.  There I had to enable Shared Points of Sale and set a Team passcode.  Now when I go into my Team, I see where I can set a passcode for them.  I suppose they can use their own as well.

Now I need to get to my iPad and see what it all looks like together.  At least I hope I'm on the right track anyway!

Message 7 of 7