x

Use barcode scanner to pull up orders

We are running a one day festival and would like to pull up customer orders quickly via a barcode.  Can that be done with software?  Not sure if we will use the restaurant or regular app at this time.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @marb1 and welcome to the Seller Community! That is not something we are able to provide, but you can always assign an order number/name to your open tickets (this can be automated if you need), and search the open tickets with that information. If you have a receipt printer, you can also print out an order ticket stub to give to your customers so they know what order number to give you. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

We are running a one day festival.  Customers can pick up only on that day.

Is it possible to assign an online order to a table or parking place?  One option we are looking at is having each parking spot set up as a table in the restaurant but there does not seem to be a way to edit an online order.

Message 3 of 7

I've merged this post with one of your original ones. This is a feature request, but your customers can text you to let you know they are here, or you can post your instructions on your web page as suggested earlier. 

AshleyK
Message 4 of 7

Thanks.  Where do I find information on automating the order number?  Is that through the API?

Message 5 of 7

Automating the order number can only be done via open tickets on the Point of Sale app. If you are trying to do all this through Square Online (it seems you may be), then you will need to ask the customers to bring their order number with them when picking it up. 

AshleyK
Message 6 of 7

I think that only numbers 1-99?  We will have more like 500 on line orders.

Message 7 of 7