x

What is the difference among Square Online powered by Weebly, Ecwid and Woo Commerce?

Hi, 

What is Square Online powered by Weebly? What is the difference between Weebly, Ecwid, and Woo Commerce? Are they all integrated with Square Register? I am trying to integrate my retail store with one of the online website and have difficulties understanding the difference among all the platforms.

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, I can answer Square Online Store questions, its Weebly platform and super easy.  Other Super Sellers will chime in for additional questions.

Square eGift Cards

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6000-square-egift-cards

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

HI, it can be confusing with all the online offerings available.  Best advice is to post on Ecwid Community and WooCommerce Community, sellers are already utilizing the services you are interested in.

Square acquired Weebly 2018.  Square Online Store is the Weebly editor.  There is a Free Plan which charges for payment processing only, you can upgrade as needed.

Best advice, most options offer free plans or free trial.  Start creating with each and see which will work better for your business.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 9

Thank you.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Can I return, refund or exchange an item that is sold online? 
  2. If an item sold online and the customer comes to the physical location, Can I return, refund, or exchange the item in the store?
  3. Are the online gift cards work in the store during in-person sales? if yes, how? 
  4. If there is an amount left in the gift card and it is not enough to purchase anything, can I refund the remaining amount during in-person and online sales?
  5. If there is an amount left in the gift card and it is not enough to purchase anything, and the person would like to pay the rest how can I proceed both during in-person sales and online sales?
  6. Can Weebly be integrated with Shipstation?
  7. Can Weebly be integrated with Taxjar?
  8. There will be some items that I would like to sell only in the store (in the actual physical location) and some I would like to sell only online. Is there a way to do that? 
Message 3 of 9

Best Answer

HI, I can answer Square Online Store questions, its Weebly platform and super easy.  Other Super Sellers will chime in for additional questions.

Square eGift Cards

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6000-square-egift-cards

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 9

How do I get to the Weebly site from the Square dashboard?

Message 5 of 9

HI, you can try to contact Customer Support with this link.  Monday to Friday, 6:00am-6:00pm PST.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

You will get a few options to contact, click Call Us, a new browser window will open with phone number and customer code.

You must be logged into your account and is best on a laptop or desktop.  Phone app sometimes displays unavailable at times.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sdecoste - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

From the Square Dashboard you can only be routed to Square Online. In order to get to the Weebly site you'd have to go directly to Weebly.com from your web browser.

If you're looking to get to Square Online from your dashboard here are the steps:

Login to your dashboard.

Inside of the panel of Icons on the left hand side there is a button that says "Online"

That will redirect you to Square Online.

Hope this helps.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the answer to my question.  But there is a problem.  When I go on Square Online and attempt to work on my Home page, the icons in the panel to the left are so small they are illegible.  The templates the say are available have never some up on my laptop screen.

I find it impossible to move in and out of the Home space.  I have many years experience in document preparation of my types.  I have zero experience with websites.  I need help in completing a Square Online site. I thought Weebly did this for a fee.  I don't find any information about that.

Message 8 of 9

HI, when Square obtained Weebly they discontinued the designer pre-made templates.  Customer Support can help you with how to log into your Online Dashboard.

You can try to contact Customer Support with this link.  Monday to Friday, 6:00am-6:00pm PST.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

You will get a few options to contact, click Call Us, a new browser window will open with phone number and customer code.

You must be logged into your account and is best on a laptop or desktop.  Phone app sometimes displays unavailable at times.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 9 of 9