x

What to do with old Square Stand?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: What to do with the old Square terminal? 

Any ideas on what to do with the old Square terminal that I spent a lot of money on, plus purchasing the chip reader - also for quite a bit of money?  SO disappointed that there is NOTHING we can do to convert them to the newer iPads. What a WASTE!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

what do you have?  is it the old Square Stand with the 30 pin connector?  If so there isn't anything that can be done with that as Apple stopped making iPads with 30 pin connectors in 2012.  All 9.7" iPads since then use the lightning port and can be used including the newest 9.7" released this spring.  The chip reader is still good.  If you still have the 30 pin stand a new stand with lightning port is only $99 https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/us/en/products/ipad-pos-stand

Message 2 of 5

Except... it's now $129  😉   And still no adapter that I can find.  Agreed -- waste.  But that's capitali$m!

Message 3 of 5

@handybikes @bethribbit if you have a 30-pin that you need to get rid of, i'd be willing to buy it off ya 🙂

Message 4 of 5

You talking th eipad or the stand????

Message 5 of 5