x

Wheelchair Accessibility and Square Stand

We use the Square Register with the Square Stand. We've had a customer ask us about setting it up for ADA Wheelchair Accessibility. I think what she is requesting is a way to hand her the iPad for signing and payment.

Any idea or solutions?

Can we do the transaction and then Save it, but then pick it up for payment on a phone using "Open Tickets"? Seems like a bad work around. How does that work with the Chip Reader attached to the Square Stand? 

Reasonable accommodation is all that is required, but we would like to be helpful to our customers.

Thanks,

Paul

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I've been looking into ways to provide additional wheelchair access with the Square Register. The register itself is fixed, so we are unable to move the assembly.

We have 3 options for working with Square Register software though that I have been able to find

The first is to keep things the way they are. You can bypass the signature screen if you choose or ask for assistance in bypassing the screen.

The second is to print a paper receipt for signing with a pen on a clipboard that you can use at any height that works for you. By default we set up the register to sign on screen to conserve paper. As long as the staff knows you want to sign on paper, they can flip the setting to print on paper before completing your transaction.

The third is to have us manually enter a credit card as if it was a phone order (which charges us higher fees) when the customer was not present. No signature is required for those transactions.

other ideas?

Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

This is a very interesting topic! Those solutions you mentioned all sound great, although I would try to avoid manually entering payment information as much as possible. 

Another solution would be to skip signatures for payments under $25.00. 

In the settings of your Square Register app, you can click on "Signature and Receipt" and toggle on the "Skip Signature Under $25.00" option. 

This will at least help out for some of your payments in that situation. 

Message 3 of 4

Our solution to this problem is to use our cell phones to get signatures completed if they are over $25.00. If under $25.00 just set uo your square stand not to require signatures. Yes, you can pick up your sale under tickets and just print up a reciept even if payment has not been made. In our case we need one going to our kitchen so we print one up manually and it gets the job done. It would be helpfull having an opton to print up a kitchen ticket again if we needed one though.

Message 4 of 4