x

Where are my customer files Backup at?

I have read several posts about SQUARE loosing customer lists, information and purchase history.

Where are my clients and their information backups?

How many days of data are stored? 

How do I retrieve their information?

Did I miss something?

I would like to know that my data is secure and retrievable should SQUARE have a glitch or hiccup.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

all the data is stored and backed up on Square's servers and encrypted for PCI compliance.  there is no length of time for expiration of data, so your first sale will still be available 20 years from now.  to add a device you simply log in and your data will pull down from their servers.

to export your data you can do so from your dashboard online. https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/sales-summary.  from here you can export your sales data and customers.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

all the data is stored and backed up on Square's servers and encrypted for PCI compliance.  there is no length of time for expiration of data, so your first sale will still be available 20 years from now.  to add a device you simply log in and your data will pull down from their servers.

to export your data you can do so from your dashboard online. https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/sales-summary.  from here you can export your sales data and customers.

Message 2 of 6

I would like to know if my app can be be linked to icloud? 

just as a backup in case something happens to my phone

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @guffey90 and welcome to the Seller Community! 👋

At this time all of your date is stored in Square Servers and we have secured backup systems in place to protect your business information.

If you ever find or believe you have lost information, our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Is there a way to also export my notes on file and formulas?

Message 5 of 6

I understand you can retrieve financial info but I lost all my appointments  a day ago.  Anyone know how I can restore a full backup or appointment info 48hrs ago.   

Message 6 of 6